Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 15.01.2007, 03:07 AM
New here
New here

Default Loose Power Inlet on Back of Virus

Hey guys im brand new to the virus as a just got it today. although i may be a total virus newb im no newb to subtractive synthesis. i just bought an access virus b off ebay and its in perfect condition other then the fact that the 12 volt power supply moves around a bit in the tiny hole on the back pannel of the virus. when it moves a lot power to the virus is lost due to a poor connection. for now if just taped the power supply securly in there and theres no problem. has anybody experienced this problem of looseness in the power supply connection? how much would it cost to have virus fix this. thanks guys.

sam
Old 15.01.2007, 05:05 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

The power jack is only loose. Probably a piece has broken off which makes the connector move. This is fixed by replacing the jack. I wouldn't send it to Germany for repair because any qualified electrician can fix that jack. As the Virus B is such an old product there is no warranty left so no fears of warranty getting void.

And if the Virus B has external PSU it wouldn't be even a problem to replace the jack yourself if you have any experience on soldering and techincal stuff in general. But if you are unsure, take it to a local electrician. The whole operation takes only few minutes (unless one don't have to remove the circuit boards to remove the jack) so it should not cost much.
Old 18.01.2007, 03:23 AM
New here
New here

i actually took it apart today to realize the jack isnt loose at all its just that the asshole who sold it to me gave me a power suply that is too small in diameter creating looseness.

Last edited by piku303 : 18.01.2007 at 03:24 AM. Reason: mispelled word
Old 30.08.2011, 05:18 AM
New here
New here

Default Similar Problem With Virus B Rack

I ordered one from ebay and I tried three different power supplies. One was original. The other two were same specs. No matter how I turned and the freaking plug, the screen would still dim and flicker. The connection just seemed too loose, like a hooker's vagina. To solve the problem this is what I did:

1. get a tiny flathead screwdriver and a flashlight

2. insert the driver into the power jack under/over the metal "lip" (negative) and pry it upwards/downwards slowly until you are close to the small "rod" (positive)

3. with the power off, insert and remove plug from the jack multiple times to get rid of any microscopic corrosion inside the jack as well as plug surface

I hope this helps.