Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 16.09.2006, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Quote:
Crikey! There's probably a whole family of deadly funnel web spiders in there!
Aye! That's one of the reason I would be scared as hell going to Australia. I mean those animals (yes, animals..) are insane. I bloody hate spiders and the biggest spider I've found in my apartment is probably a joke compared to whatever other type of spider there is in Australia!

Although, I wouldn't mind some warm weather.. The winter is coming.. Hmm, But I do look forward to XMAS. I will spoil Nova with gifts and I get to play Santa! YAY!

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 17.09.2006, 01:18 AM
Administrator

Nice to see ya Drammy!
Old 17.09.2006, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3
Aye! That's one of the reason I would be scared as hell going to Australia. I mean those animals (yes, animals..) are insane. I bloody hate spiders and the biggest spider I've found in my apartment is probably a joke compared to whatever other type of spider there is in Australia!
Bah! I hardly see any spiders...

I do see alot of pidgeons though. Today I was driving, and there were some pidgeons on the road, and one of them didnt make it out of the way in time. When I looked in the rear view mirror, all I could see was a big puff of feathers

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 17.09.2006, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Bah! I hardly see any spiders...

Of course you wouldnt unless you actually spent some time outside Jase

Some friends and I used to rent two mud brick houses on 10 acres, situated about 30km directly south of Mount Warning on the North coast of NSW....

- The very first night I stayed there I awoke to a 2.5 diamond python (non-poisonous) entering through a broken window pane near my feet. I was practically coccooned in my sleeping bag and had to roll off the other side of the bench I was sleeping on...

- We caught around 25 northern funnel webs while living there for 18 months. When we moved out, a friend was helping me to shift the double bed from the main house - we realised that the funnel webs had burrowed about 15 nests into the mud brick wall behind the bed....

- One morning a small brown snake (close to the most venomous snake in the world) dropped from the thatched bamboo insulation and onto my friends while they were sleeping - I heard the screams from about 75m away at the other house, and arrived to find my mate butt-naked fending off the snake like a matador with his doona!

- While weeding in one of our garden beds, I accidentally picked up a scorpion hidden amongst the weeds - needless to say my hand was quite sore for a couple of days.

- Word of advice - before tilling soil check for nests of all kinds. Especially ants. I managed to send a pitch fork into the side of a bullants nest and was subsequently covered by a few hundred bull ants. The bull ant dance beats anything ever screened by the office

- The coolest thing I saw out there was a trapdoor spider hole - which I have never seen anywhere else. The diameter of the door was about 7-8cm - so I didnt hang round long enough to see just how big the spider was. It was the perfect construction of the hole that impressed me... I wish i took a pic of it because I have searched the web thoroughly since looking for a similar burrow and cant find one that looks remotely like it.

Sorry to get OT in the OT section

Just makes me laugh when I hear people who have lived in the city all their life say "theres not that many spiders and snakes around". Especially sydney siders - go have a look around your house - esp around rock walls, darker garden areas, old sheds etc. I have lived in three seperate locations in Sydney, and I have found funnel webs at every location. Years ago when living in Terry Hills, my sisters through me in the pool and 3 small brown snakes appeared from the filter...

To top it all off, redback spiders are now breeding with whitetail spiders - creating a more mobile, aggressive, poisonous family of spiders. Only in Sydney, Jase

cheers

Blay
Old 17.09.2006, 07:20 AM
Pro
Pro

Blay, that is awesome mate. Brilliant post!
Old 17.09.2006, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

blay: Oh, for fuck sake mate. That wasn't a very nice post now, was it?

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 17.09.2006, 09:36 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Nice one Blay!

Chuff me - having second thoughts now! Definately won't be telling the missus about all that - she goes ape if she spots a 5mm British garden spider in the house! And they're pathetic little things in comparison!

Cheers Timo, I don't think I've posted a picture of myself before...

Jase, will deffo have to hook up, but its going to be a couple of years probably before we'll be moving... Dunno what to do with all my equipment though
Old 17.09.2006, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Damn, I'm never going to Australia now, ever. Fukin hate snakes n shit.

Trod on an adder before. Was running though a cool sandy forest in France catching up my parents after I'd just been for a piss off the track after a visit to the beach, when my foot stood and slipped on something soft half embedded in the sand as i was running, thought to myself "wtf, that wasn't a stick!" and turned while continuing running backwards and this mega irritated mother fukin angry viper with proper zig zags down its back was writhing about n shit. Was outta there like a bullet from a gun. Lucky I was running when i stood on the bastard.

Snakes, cunts. The lot of them. That goes for spiders too, although I don't mind picking up UK spiders.
Old 18.09.2006, 09:59 AM

Hmmm...... I'll stick with my earlier comment. Bah!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60