Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 01.10.2006, 12:04 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default 303 Clones

Do any of you guys know of any good hardware tb-303 clones available out there just now? I've seen the xoxbox kit which sounds great but its a DIY parts assembly job, no use to me, i'd fuck up the build.

The syntechno Tee Bee sounds great too but its discontinued.

I've been on the lookout for a few days but have not found anything available of which I could go purchase right now. Strictly hardware, no software.

Prefferably a 303 clone with decent midi functionality for sequencing via SX3.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Old 01.10.2006, 11:26 PM
Pro
Pro

MAM - MB33 http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/mb33.shtml I have one and it is sounds pratically the same as a 303 and has midi.

Unfortunately it too is discontinued.
Old 02.10.2006, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Hm.. What-on-earth-is-that-company-called-again-that-released-a-tb303-clone-without-the-sequencer?

It's a brittish company and has released synths/filters namned like "Coffehouse" or something like that.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 02.10.2006, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Ah, here ya go: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~concuss/

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~co...ssor/tb303.htm

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 02.10.2006, 05:06 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks guys.

The MB33 looks good, bummer it being discontinued.

I've got in touch with that company yesterday 303, and it looks promising. Except that there are no audio demo's on site, though I'll go in faith that its of suitable 303 sound. The midi spec is not too bad either, with Filter Cutoff into Cubase via modwheel. The unit is a little expensive though, ?500+. Eek!

The other unit I was looking at was the FutureRetro Revolution.
Looks good, sounds good, has some basic FX, but the midi spec isn't so good and filter changes would need to be done in real time.

I'm not sure wether to go for the Revolution with its simple FX or the TB-X with better midi. They are both around the same price.
Old 02.10.2006, 05:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

for that amount of money i would just get the xoxbox and pay some electrition to do it for you. for someone with expirience it shouldnt take more then couple of hours to build.
Old 02.10.2006, 05:35 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Its very tempting as it looks perfect. Don't know any electricians, no idea how much they one would charge either, and if I could trust 100% that the job would be done right. The cost of an electrician would be added to the ?250+ anyway so i'm not sure how much of a saving it would be. Theres also a waiting list for the xoxbox, though for the amount of time I waited on the Ti I could wait !! lol

Its looking like the TB-X so far but the jury is still out, I would take the xoxbox in a second if it were sold as a unit.
Old 02.10.2006, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

It took almost 11 months before my friend recived his xoxbox. They sure are popular or just is lazy as fucks

Old 02.10.2006, 07:26 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I think a bit of both, thats the vibe I get from the site.

I remembered an electrician I know, trusted person too, in the family. I just asked him if he would like to put the xoxbox together for me, he said he wouldn't touch it, wouldn't risk it. It would be a couple of days work including any fault finding afterwards and overall whilst he is capable he couldn't give guarantee that it would work out 100%

I'm sure it would be more of an ideal thing for certain enthusiasts, who are capable of building the thing for themselves, have the time, patience and inclination, and are not paying someone per hour to do it for them.

Its looking like the TBX

Old 02.10.2006, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

Just remember that TBX is missing the TB-sequencer.. Loads of it's "sound" comes from that sequencer..

Those buttons are just a small keyboard-kinda-thingy!