Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 10.07.2010, 06:40 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

i have a TI Snow with OS 4.02 and i´ve got no syncing issues in my desktop PC
Old 10.07.2010, 09:44 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Wink

Narcissus!

Is the Snow ok to use for Trance, House regarding polyphony?

I am just interested in ordinary sounds (common subtractive synthesis) and nothing of the new synthesis functions.

Can you play all 4 channels at the same time without note steal or dropouts, or should I go for the TI2 Desktop instead?

THANKS!
Old 11.07.2010, 01:18 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

You see, besides the Virus i use a Waldorf Blofeld, a Yamaha a4000, a Yamaha SY77, and a Korg ESX1, so i never used more than 3 tracks on the Snow simultaneously, as there would be no sonic space to fit them.

Using 3 parts i had no trouble at all with voice stealing. According to the manual, if u use relatively simple patches you can get around 50 notes of polyphony.

Of course if i could buy a TI2 keyboard i´d do it, but it´s just too expensive for my budget. Besides, i learnt it´s not advisable to base your music too much on only 1 instrument, to make it sound more varied, so my personal motto is : i'd rather buy many cheaper synths than just one expensive do-it-all synth.

Taking all the above into account, i´d say the Snow is perfect for those styles.
Old 11.07.2010, 01:29 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Smile

Thanks Man!
Old 14.07.2010, 09:15 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Wink

Anybody else got timing issues on similar setup as mine?

My computer and sequencer
iMac Intel 1.16GHz Core 2 Duo OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4, Logic Studio 8.
Old 17.07.2010, 06:49 AM
Complete Newbie

wow i'm amazed this thread is still alive - thought it got lost in the noise so speak. well, just to weigh in again, i've been in contact with support again after a 4 month break. still no sign of resolution, even after installing the latest public beta.

to summarize: sloppy note timing when running standalone via MIDI. MIDI interface/OS/flux capacitor settings ruled out as cause. support was able to replicate the issue using USB connection to send MIDI.

so, something's definitely up at the synth's hardware level. every single other synth that i have does not exhibit anything close to this sort of behavior - even the synths that cost < 10% of what i paid for my TI. just plain odd, and disheartening.

i'll definitely post my results from this latest conversation with support if/when any sort of verdict is reached.

p
Old 17.07.2010, 07:41 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Wink

All the users who have latency problems with midi, VC and USB should put up a video on Youtube so the future buyers will be warned if they has not found this or access-music forum to read.

It gives me a real headache because I want to get a TI2 Desktop, but after reading all this latency problems I am not sure I want one.

The problem for me is that I cant find a single Youtube video on this matter? so I have to read all about it here and access-music forum and try to decide if it is a problem I can live with or not.

Youtube is the best place to se what people has trouble with and all viewers can help out.

Is the problem only when recording or is it playback?

I vant to use it as it is intended with VC, USB and be able to record at least 6 tracks without any sloppy timing issues when I play it back.

I can take a little latency when recording but not on playback, then it is a doorstopper and access-music should not sell it at all.

Please! put up your problems on Youtube.
Old 17.07.2010, 10:39 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
It gives me a real headache because I want to get a TI2 Desktop, but after reading all this latency problems I am not sure I want one.
You might check my experiences logged in this thread with a TI2 desktop, trying to overcome the latency issues in FLStudio on Win7 64-bit. Sadly I just couldn't get things to work right, ended up having to send it back. Tragic because I had wanted a Virus for a long time. I still want one, I just need it to work well without the latency issues and so forth, otherwise I'm better off with a pure soft synth environment for workflow reasons.

http://infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=32138

I'm not sure Access should quit selling the things though; if I were playing live I can't think of any other synth I'd rather have. Whether or not they will ever really get the Total Integration / USB stuff working the way it should might be a different story... long term they are going to have to, because soft synths are getting better all the time and with something like a Core i7 processor you've got plenty of CPU cycles and polyphony etc.
Old 22.07.2010, 12:37 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I used to have this prob but not any more, very good timing.