Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.03.2005, 03:45 PM
New here
New here

Default What to expect???

First of all, I would like to say that I love Access and all the products it makes. But with all due respect they are taking the p*ss out of those poor people who have sold there virus to make a down payement for the new Ti, and been waiting inpatiently. SO I ask myself what to expect from the new Ti??? Nothing. The Hypersaw?? Just a scam to sell the Ti. A perfectly well marketed scam to fool people into buying the Ti. All they are going to get is the exact same sounds from the previous virus models. So I pity those who sold everything just to buy the new Ti. Very unwise. Have any of you ever bought a new car??? Well, let me tell you something, you never, ever buy a new model. Why you might ask?? Because they always have problems the first couple of months. Cliches, electronic problems, etc.. Same goes for Viruses, and other snyths. They cost much more. Just wait a few months and you could probably get one cheaper and bug-less, with a newer OS.

Second of all, I address myself to all those people looking for a virus A,B,C, you can get yourself one for soo cheap on ebay. Remember that if you want the virus sounds, you can go for any of these above. Because what do you really get with the new Ti?? If I may make an analogy, again with cars, getting the new Ti is like getting a car with the exact same engine, doors, but with a sun-roof. Do you really need a sun roof?? (the sun roof refers to the extra poly, the extra modulation and the rest) Remember the sounds remain exactly the same as the previous viruses. So for the people getting the new Ti, you might be disappointed.

I would like to conclude that music comes from the heart, not from a very expensive synth. If you have muisc in your heart, you'll be able to good music on any synth or instrument.
Old 01.03.2005, 03:56 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Well I believe the biggest feature of the TI is the Total Integration...
Just for that alone(for me), it's more than worth the wait.

I'm still a bit pissed off tho since I sold my kc MONTHS ago and I got a tight deadline for a few releases and I might be stuck with vsts for these

The only real complaint I have regarding the TI(apart the release date) is the USB port...I mean, COME ON! Welcome 10 years ago
Old 01.03.2005, 05:11 PM
Pro
Pro

I was lucky to sell my KC about 1 week before the TI was introduced. So I got a good price of it because it still was the flagship model.

Yes, the sound of the TI will remain the same which is a good thing because the sound of the virus is very good. The extra oscillators are welcome but not necessary. I see many people (mostly beginners or simply software users) think that "Oh my... there comes the hypersaw! Who needs the JP8000 anymore!". It seems that people expect the TI to be like the god of all synths (it will be maybe the best but not a god) and a synth which replaces all the other synths and something supernatural. I guess the hypersaw oscillator was designed just for those people who are grazy about JP8000 and Access have done a really great job introducing it because over 50% of people have gone nuts if you take a look at these forums (trance.nu for example).

Well, like AcideDigital said, the TI will be just another Virus altough it has the extra features. I love the virus sound.

In fact I am going to purchase a Virus TI, because the virus powercore-plugin somehow doesn't work well in my system. However the TI will NOT replace any of my existing synths (JP8080 + several analog) because it doesn't sound the same. TI sounds like virus and that's it.

btw, where does these descriptions come from: "F5D
Analog Synth Dsp Lover" ? I guess the moderators change these...
Oh, and I don't have the usual "blue/white leds showing the forum activity. I have 5 beautiful and super powerful DSP chips! WOW! Thanks Juho!
Old 01.03.2005, 05:47 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: What to expect???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcideDigital
SO I ask myself what to expect from the new Ti??? Nothing. The Hypersaw?? Just a scam to sell the Ti
Actually, it's a very flexible oscillator. Many, many different kinds of sounds are made possible by it that were unachievable on previous models.

Quote:
All they are going to get is the exact same sounds from the previous virus models.
Complete and utter nonsense. Yes it is backward compatible, but the addition of the HyperSaw and Wavetable oscillators makes for a huge palette of new possibilities - not to mention the fact that they can be combined not only with each other, but with the original Virus oscillators as well.
Old 01.03.2005, 05:54 PM

Ben, do you think usb 1.0 in the TI will be an issue due to the low bandwidth ? It seems to me that 12mb per second should be plenty for music applications, but then if you add midi streaming trough there as well, was that a wise choice from Access ?
I would be pretty pissed to see usb 2.0 or firewire one year from now coming from Access.
Old 01.03.2005, 06:23 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

SoundzplastikSurgeon...I think the same too!

I'd be incredibly pissed as well, especially since I'm pretty sure this is going to happen
Old 01.03.2005, 06:45 PM

this waiting time is turning into mind torture. I have a funny feeling that clavia is going to come out with some goodies by the end of this year (or next, "Access style") since the nord lead 3 is already discontinued.
Old 01.03.2005, 06:48 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

well, i wont be purchasing a TI because i simply do not have the money and my virus b seems to get me a big chunk of that 'virus sound' so im sort of happy in the position im in. that said, the first post of this thread is really cynical.

first of all i like the sound of my virus b but by god are there some things about it that feck me off! multimode being one! the 24 note poly spread over 16 parts being another! the enforcement of global delay/reverb being the third! argh! the MIDI sync issues i get my fl studio which is undoubtedly the worst of the lot.

if the TI goes any way to fix all of those problems and theres every indication that it is going to, that alone would make my life soooo much easier i would consider getting one, when the price goes down a bit of course. money is always an issue in the WKid camp. the total integration aspect of it is what i was interested in. i dont really care about the hypersaw or the wavetables but hey - its extra functionality. stuff i could take advantage of later and which is always there should i have need for it. im too busy exploring the mind boggling variety of sounds capable on my virus b to be caught up in the extra technologies that come as extras. the asking price is a bit steep i feel but im a miser and since i already have a b model, if i had 1500 quid to spend on a synth id go for something that would broaden my sonic pallette - probably an alesis fusion. that said, if i didnt have a virus b already, the TI would be high on my list of gear to own.
Old 01.03.2005, 06:55 PM

I am looking forward to it's remote function as well, I hope it controls other softsynth well.
Old 01.03.2005, 06:56 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundzplastikSurgeon
Ben, do you think usb 1.0 in the TI will be an issue due to the low bandwidth ? It seems to me that 12mb per second should be plenty for music applications, but then if you add midi streaming trough there as well, was that a wise choice from Access ?
I would be pretty pissed to see usb 2.0 or firewire one year from now coming from Access.
Well, there will always be those who want it to do more, I guess. No doubt people will soon be demanding 160 voices of polyphony as well