Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 18.04.2005, 03:26 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Newbie Question (yes, I have read the manual)

Hi,

just bought a virus C and started to explore everything

Great sounds, great handling ! But some things strike me:

1. I was playing around with the factory presets and then entered some chords in Cubase to play in a loop. I used the factory preset b42 without any modifications. Sometimes some notes get absorbt by the virus. It occurs randomely after 3-4 patterns. I tried to modify some parameters (attack, decay .. and so on ..) but it still occurs. I even turned off all effects, but no result. Maybe this is an arpeggiator problem ?!?

2. The velocity of the notes change from time to time though all notes have the same velocity in the sequencer ?

Here is my Cubase file: http://www.knorki.dj/virus.cpr

I am new to programming real hardware, so please be merciful if this is a stupid question

How can I get around this problem ?

best regards,
Andr
Old 18.04.2005, 11:47 PM
Veteran
Veteran

You may have reached the maximum polyphony.
Use this simple checklist:
What is 'Unison' set at? ie, none - twin - 3 - 4 etc.
How many notes in the chord you are playing?
Is the 'Arp' on? if so, set the 'amplifier release' to 0 to prevent overlaps.
Then multiply those two numbers, if that is more than you maximum polyphony then some notes in your chord will sound thinner or not play at all. With the Arp, if you get overlaps then you need to multiply your polyphony needs by 2.