Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 20.07.2009, 06:40 AM
Banned

Hollowcell

My Polar works FINE, stop crying girl
You have to live with that because it's something that bothers you
So suck it up and fuck off. Meant in the nicest way of course.
Old 20.07.2009, 10:42 AM
Pro
Pro

Can we keep these posts constructive? This forums generally got a nice vibe and most threads are worth reading - a rarity in most internet forums.
Old 20.07.2009, 12:27 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Telson, we're happy that your v3.0.4 OS works brilliantly, however that's no reason to troll/chastise other people for issues regards theirs. Access previously stated via email that the OS following v3.0.3 may help Sonis, which is why he posted here. It now appears he clearly has a hardware fault and Access are finally trying to remedy that issue with the distributor for him. So hopefully things will be better for him.

We try to keep freedom of expression as much as possible here, but it doesn't mean you can abuse that privilege. Further unconstructive comments or one liners to the argument will be deleted. After which, bans will be issued.

Respect other people and respect will be given in return.

Let's get back to the discussion of TI OS v3.0.4. Cheers.
Old 20.07.2009, 01:06 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Hello,

i installed OS 3.0.4 pb on my Virus TI (mk I) desktop today. Used it via USB and VC and no problems so far in Ableton Live 8.0.4. The pops and clicks seem to be disappeared. The polyphony seems to be slightly increased, from sometimes only 9-10 notes to about 15. This has to be further investigated. So far after nearly 3 years the first time i could really use the Virus TI. Wanted to sell it about 10 times during the years. Now that i have the Waldorf Largo softsynth this still might happen sometimes.
PC: Core2Quad Q6600, Win Vista SP1, 4GB RAM, M-Audio Ozonic, Ableton Live 8.0.4 ; synths: Yamaha Motif ES 7, Access Virus TI Desktop (OS 3.0.4 pb), ; softsynths: Sylenth1 v2.2, Alchemy v1.10.10, Waldorf Largo 1.1.0, NI Absynth 4, Minimonsta, some more...
Old 20.07.2009, 02:11 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Regarding the DSP meter, I have always really wished for something along the lines of a CPU meter to let me know exactly how much polyphony I am using, and how much is left.

Does anyone else crave this? Do you think Access could make it happen?

Regarding the noise bursts, I recently (since upgrading to OS3) have had several noise bursts (I'm still on the latest stable build though). On my system, they sound like stereo noise (without much high freq content) being distorted very heavily. They aren't excessively loud, but they still give me a scare every time. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to confirm that it is the Virus TI causing these noises, the only other suspect is ArtsAcoustic Reverb (although that has never caused my trouble in the past).

Good luck to all with issues, I hope you get them sorted soon

P.S.: On this particular forum, I have to click EDIT twice to edit my posts, anyone else have that issue? Firefox 3.5.1 here
Old 20.07.2009, 02:23 PM
Am starting to like this forum

any change of that slow-down problem in Windows 7? when in browser tab vc and changing tabs?
Old 20.07.2009, 03:37 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundpalace View Post
Regarding the DSP meter, I have always really wished for something along the lines of a CPU meter to let me know exactly how much polyphony I am using, and how much is left.

Does anyone else crave this? Do you think Access could make it happen?

Regarding the noise bursts, I recently (since upgrading to OS3) have had several noise bursts (I'm still on the latest stable build though). On my system, they sound like stereo noise (without much high freq content) being distorted very heavily. They aren't excessively loud, but they still give me a scare every time. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to confirm that it is the Virus TI causing these noises, the only other suspect is ArtsAcoustic Reverb (although that has never caused my trouble in the past).

Good luck to all with issues, I hope you get them sorted soon

P.S.: On this particular forum, I have to click EDIT twice to edit my posts, anyone else have that issue? Firefox 3.5.1 here
Instead of having a 'bar meter' why not give a % value. 0% is no DSP being used, 100% means totally maxed. I am sure every user can read a numeric value over a 'bar estimation'.
Old 20.07.2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynth View Post
any change of that slow-down problem in Windows 7? when in browser tab vc and changing tabs?
Absynth, I haven't had a chance to test out 3.0.4 yet, but with 3.0.3 I was able to get around the very sluggish VC UI (and other issues with Windows 7) by running my daw (Live in compatibility mode.
Old 20.07.2009, 03:45 PM

that last line should read Live 8
Old 20.07.2009, 05:10 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Installation went fine here.
So far so good

I can confirm the bug, that when you change the " amp decay" (in Virus Contol!!!) the "amp release" moves as well
when you move the amp decay on the virus itself the amp release doesn't move in virus control.

WinXPsp3, TI1 Desktop, SX3

Br