Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 21.12.2008, 09:11 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default crackling + delayed audio!!

i have two issues going on right now. the first one, any time im using the virus as my imac sound output, sound is getting delayed. like, im on youtube, with my speakers hooked up to my virus, and the imac output is set to the virus.. and theres a delay of like, 5 seconds on any video i watch. this does not happen when im using the imacs onboard output. id like to use the virus as my primary output, and i cant imagine why this is happening.

the second problem is that every time i use the virus as the output for logic 8, when the track im working on peaks, i get this nasty crackling sound in my speakers. this only happens when the track physically peaks, regardless of the output volume. is this a monitoring feature of the virus, to tell me that my music is peaking? or is there something wrong here?
Old 24.12.2008, 07:40 AM
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Malibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfilthyheart View Post
i have two issues going on right now. the first one, any time im using the virus as my imac sound output, sound is getting delayed. like, im on youtube, with my speakers hooked up to my virus, and the imac output is set to the virus.. and theres a delay of like, 5 seconds on any video i watch. this does not happen when im using the imacs onboard output. id like to use the virus as my primary output, and i cant imagine why this is happening.

the second problem is that every time i use the virus as the output for logic 8, when the track im working on peaks, i get this nasty crackling sound in my speakers. this only happens when the track physically peaks, regardless of the output volume. is this a monitoring feature of the virus, to tell me that my music is peaking? or is there something wrong here?
my C does that when all way up even if my fw410 is down lo
Old 30.12.2008, 01:39 PM
New here

that would give me the impression there is something wrong with your output. does this happen with every output jack on the back of the virus? on mine it does, but ONLY when logic peaks. output volume doesnt seem to apply to this.
Old 05.01.2009, 09:53 PM
New here
New here

Lightbulb

THis also happens to me when using logic stu 8 and macbook into virus.
I just assumed that the output was to hot for the virus causeing the distortion crackling sounds.

If you put a limiter on your main outs from logic you can stop this with a little adjusting.
Old 06.01.2009, 08:22 PM
New here

Default wtf

well, im glad im not alone with this situation... its pretty frustrating though. id rather not have to worry about limiting, etc... while im trying to basically 'sketch' out a track...