Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 10.01.2009, 05:42 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default MIDI jacks jacked

Hello everyone. I have been using the USB on my virus desktop for midi for a while now but I went to hook up the midi to use the virus as a midi interface and found that my midi plugs would not push all the way into the midi jacks on the back of the virus. I tried to force them in but they only go in about half way and then they just hang out on the back. One wrong move and my midi plugs fall out. I tried at least four different midi cables and they all are the same way. It's like this on the midi in, out, and thru all of them are messed up. Has anybody seen anything like this or know what might be up with my virus? Thanks guys for any help.
Old 10.01.2009, 06:12 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Malibu

not to sound like an ass or to make you out to be stupid but are you aligning the cables up correctly. sounds like your just trying to jam n force it in. def dont want to do that..... make sure they are ligned up correctly. but again i dont see how you could miss it 3 times lol. are the midi cables fked up or bent!!!!
Old 13.01.2009, 02:19 PM
Am starting to like this forum

The midi ports on my Snow were very snug. So much so that I double and treble checked I had the cables lined up correctly and then just forced them in smoothly. All works fine so far and they've not fallen out.
Old 13.01.2009, 04:23 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I have the same problem. The female midi plugs on some TI's do not fit correctly. To actually fully correct this problem you must send it back to access. I wiggled my cables for hours before they fit properly, after that they go in with much less effort.