Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.10.2005, 07:44 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigamortis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTATION
rigamortis: What about a little respect ? You don't have to be so mean
respect to whome, the ketamine heads?

Howard Scarr wrote the manual for the TI, as he did for all previous virus models,
This is the first Virus manual that Howard has written. To be honest, I can't see why anyone would have such problem with it - it is written in good English, and has practical walkthroughs at every step. I don't have a printed version, mind - there may be some incongruity in there between text and screenshots in that.
Old 06.10.2005, 09:06 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I thought that the Manual looked really good in format and clear in instruction, covering all the functions of the synth. I haven't read all the content yet so cant fully comment but looks fine in skimming through it.
Old 06.10.2005, 09:58 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

sorry, i haven't actually read or seen the virus manual yet, i was reffering to other manuals i've had, such as roland v-synth, korg electribe mx etc.

they do funny things like refer you to the wrong page from the index, spelling mistakes etc.
Old 06.10.2005, 10:35 AM
This forum member lives here

The Virus TI manual cannot be technically faulted.....its very thorough. What would have been really great....would have been to have a longer intro detaling some geeky facts about the desingers.....hell....a pic or two of the factory and staff?

I love putting faces to synths....

Take Dave Smith and the late Dr Moog, they were very active in the public domain. Great PR. Why doesnt Chris or Marc (I know u do Ben!) attend these trade conventions etc? Correct me if im wrong....but do they?

When I first saw a picture of the guy who designed the Jupiter 8 I was really excited. I look at the picture and wonder what was going throuh their brain as they designed the monster.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 06.10.2005, 10:37 AM

I just want to savour these moments. My post count has just hit the 1980's....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 06.10.2005, 10:45 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to glendale

My first post, hi to everyone

Just installed the TI (Desktop) and actually it worked well, no bigger problems on WinXP and Sonar.

But I must admit, the manual isn't helpful - I've already tried most of the written by myself. So I haven't found an answer on the following questions (maybe you have a hint for me)

Is it possible to plug and use () the TI via USB but don't use the VirusControl VST? Or do I need to use the normal Midi interface then?

If I use the VST, how do I tell the TI to output the sound through the outputs and not the soundcard? Well, I've found a way by clicking around, but it'll be great to get a re-producable hint

Anyway, great synth, fantastic sound. Absolutely love it!

Cheers!
glen
Old 06.10.2005, 10:52 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendale
Is it possible to plug and use () the TI via USB but don't use the VirusControl VST? Or do I need to use the normal Midi interface then?
This is fine - it is not compulsory to use VC. Just select Virus TI Synth as the midi port.

Quote:
If I use the VST, how do I tell the TI to output the sound through the outputs and not the soundcard? Well, I've found a way by clicking around, but it'll be great to get a re-producable hint
VC-Common Page - click on Main Out and select one of the non-usb outs
Old 06.10.2005, 11:03 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
Quote:
This is fine - it is not compulsory to use VC. Just select Virus TI Synth as the midi port.
Just tried it and it won't work ... I don't hear anything. Is there a Midi Implementation table around, maybe I haven't found the right bank/program yet ...

Thanks

p.s. VERY great sounds, btw
Old 06.10.2005, 11:09 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Just tried it and it won't work ... I don't hear anything. Is there a Midi Implementation table around, maybe I haven't found the right bank/program yet ...
Have you selected the Virus ASIO as the audio device? And what happens when you play a note - do you see a little 1/4 note in the TI's display?

Quote:
p.s. VERY great sounds, btw
Thanks
Old 06.10.2005, 11:16 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
Quote:
Have you selected the Virus ASIO as the audio device? And what happens when you play a note - do you see a little 1/4 note in the TI's display?
That's it!! Thanks I'd choosen the "Virus TI Midi" port - but it needs to be "Virus TI Synth".

BTW: Do you know, if a Sonar instrument definition file already exists?

Cheerio,
glen