Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.02.2011, 01:55 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruari View Post
The Powercore wasn't made by Access, it was licensed out to TC Electronics & it was them who would have decided how people would use it & pay for it.
How software is used is more likely decided by those who license it out, which means Access was more than likely charging TC Electronics per-instance.
Old 08.02.2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roby31 View Post
Way to completely miss the point
Not at all. The point was that the definition of an instrument is blurry. A Virus is simply an integrated midi controller with knobs, DSP and software. You can achieve same with your computer.

So what's the difference? You could say that externally running cables between the controller and DSP make it no longer an instrument, and I might even agree with you. However coming up with something logical to present in your arguments might be a little out of character for you
Old 08.02.2011, 07:45 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

No in fact it was an ironic comment (with the ) I don't think you missed the point in presenting other kind of "instruments"; more like you went to a parallel road than the other user that said that people use the Virus to play music instead of producing music (and people that do both) because it's still meant to be a performer's instrument designed to be a musical instrument rather than a series of glasses filled with different amounts of water
Old 08.02.2011, 10:16 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
infraction! so you mean that with software and controller you can not perform?
I didn't say that, but the fact that it's an "instrument" is access's selling point. They design the thing to be used in or out of the studio, with or without a computer.

I don't perform myself so it doesn't apply to me but even though a lot of performers are going full on software route anyway if access did decide to do the software and controller thing it would lose it's appeal fast I reckon, not only the fact there's better more universal midi controllers out there for controlling software but the fact that you have to use it with a computer, wouldn't go down too well with people just looking for a keyboard to play
Old 10.02.2011, 04:08 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by infraction View Post
You're forgetting that the virus is an instrument (as in performers buy it too), it's not just an alternative to a soft synth.
yep, i'm currently working on a new project where my Virus TI Polar is very much at the centre of my live performance rig
Nord Electro2 73
Macbook Pro
Logic Pro 8
Old 10.02.2011, 09:29 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Personally I hope they focus on improving the approach they have now. I like the TI for the fact that when I'm working at home I can offload the processing from the PC rather than have everything in the box..yet I can still unplug the USB and go play a gig or jam with someone and leave the comp at home. I'd like to see more features, more reliability, and more power. Leave the rest of it alone.
Old 10.02.2011, 03:33 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Nicely said
Old 10.02.2011, 10:52 PM
Am starting to like this forum

I'm curious about the same thing, specifically when a new version might be released, because I'm thinking about buying a Polar.

2005 = TI1, 2008 = Snow, March 2009 = TI2. OS4.5 coming up...

I think Musikmesse is early April. As long as a new one doesn't come out then, I wouldn't mind buying now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
What is the future for Access?

I think they should go software but with a hardware controller as dongle.

What do you think?

Is Summer Namm when Access release something new? I think it is time for Access to come up with a Virus TI3.

What is their next move?
Old 11.02.2011, 08:52 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstrom808 View Post
Personally I hope they focus on improving the approach they have now. I like the TI for the fact that when I'm working at home I can offload the processing from the PC rather than have everything in the box..yet I can still unplug the USB and go play a gig or jam with someone and leave the comp at home. I'd like to see more features, more reliability, and more power. Leave the rest of it alone.
I wouldn't like to see it go native anyway tbh, you'd have every warez kiddie with an internet connection abusing it after it's cracked a week after launch.
Old 11.02.2011, 02:34 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Hay guize listn 2 dis tuun i made wid mazzive!11