Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04.09.2003, 07:38 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon
Default Need help in deciding which model.....

Ok, I'm dead-set on owning a Virus, but I don't know which one to get. I probably do not need one with keys, as I already have an 88-key Triton and an Edirol controller keyboard. So I'm trying to decide between the Virus C, Rack XL, and Rack. Hopefully you guys can help...

My knowledge of synthesis is good, but could be improved upon. The thing I'm wondering is if the Virus C would be the best because all of the knobs are right there in front, so even though I might not intuitively 'know' which knob needs to be turned, I could quickly tweak through them until I found it. But if the Rack XL is, in fact, just as easy to dial in sounds, then maybe I would want to go this route.

And I can get a normal Virus Rack pretty cheap, would it be worthwhile to have this unit in addition to one of the 'C' models. I was at a local music store the other day playing a Nord Lead 3, controlling a Virus C and Virus Rack (the cheaper, non-XL one). I ended up turning off the Nord sound completely, and playing combinations of the 'C' and rack...and it was so good I nearly creamed myself.

Thank you for any input (or flames ) you might have for me...