Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 30.10.2005, 04:41 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Assorted tips on how to make your TI work with a PC

hi there,

here's a couple of assorted tips and tricks from our main PC guy. They of course won't help with every problem but since a _quality_ USB connection seems to be one key element to sucessfully establish a Total Integration link, those tips might be of value for you:

"
1) Adjust the power management:

Using Power Options in Control Panel, you can adjust any power management option that your computer's unique hardware configuration supports. Because these options can be extremely different on every individual PC installation, the options described may differ from what you see. Power Options automatically detects what is available on your computer and only will show you the options which can be controlled. To configure your power settings:

Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and
then click Power Options. The Power Options Properties dialog box opens, and you should select "Normal" or "Desktop"

----------

2) Disable power management ("USB Selective Suspend Feature") on USB Hubs:

Some chipset drivers are faulty in a way in causes trouble with USB
transfers. On thing that might help is to disable the "selective suspend" feature on your USB root hubs:

How to disable power management of the USB hub.

To disable power management on the USB hub, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.
3. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then follow these steps for each USB Root Hub that is listed:

a. Right-click the USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
b. Click the Power Management tab.
c. Click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to
save power check box, and then click OK.

----------

3) Disable "USB Legacy Support" in the BIOS.

----------

4) As usual, latest drivers etc.

Please note that all above is not related to bugs in the Virus TI
Hardware/Software but known issues with various components such as chipsets, chipset drivers etc.

"

best, marc
access music
Old 31.10.2005, 03:56 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I tried all these things before I read this post. It made no differnce to my 'stuck notes' issue using USB under heavy CPU load. My TI works great if there is not much other data flying around my PC. Under stress is where USB is the last to get the timing critical info to and from the TI and Virus Control. For heavy mixing I am forced to switch to normal midi cable and unplug the USB.

I use 1 PCI audio card, a Creamware Pulsar, for extra eqs and compression and it usually hogs the PCI bus to a point where it overflows it. Also I have the RME Fireface 800 for AD DA duties, so right there I've got a ton of data churning in and out of my motherboard.

If there was a way to somehow magically get XP to do USB better, like it does Firewire you would get less upset customers.