Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.09.2010, 09:55 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default TI Knob update rate

Hi,

Recently I have got back into my Virus TI Polar again and updated to OS4. Often I use the knobs to control softsynths etc. I have found something I think is strange... When I assign a virus knob to filter cutoff or pitch sweep on something - if I sweep the knob very quickly I can discern parameter stepping. This is not as obvious as it could be on a very digital sounding synth such as an SH-32. It seems to step in groups.

I'm no expert but... it seems to me Access have reduced the knob parameter update speed to probably reduce the load either on the synth or usb.

This is a real shame as it's a great controller otherwise, but I like to be able to sweep fast! Before anyone says try midi or the Virus itself - I have and I still hear it. I even reinstalled an older OS and the parameter speed was faster again. I also emailed Marc at Access but haven't heard from him yet.

Can anyone replicate/confirm this?

Cheers
Old 22.09.2010, 07:30 PM
Pro
Pro

yup..this happens ...it is steppy....and u need to interpolate or smooth the automation curves after u record it..

dont know why though...even my midi controller makes smoother sweeps than the virus....

?????????
Old 23.09.2010, 03:13 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Great... Why break it. This is one of the reasons I have this synth. Looks like I'll be back knocking on Access's door.

Cheers
Old 26.09.2010, 11:01 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

It does amaze me that no one who actually uses a Virus TI to record tracks has actually noticed this apart from nutrinoland!... I mean this is a fundamental function of the whole synth.