Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 07.10.2005, 05:52 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Osci
Default Update for the powercore virus now that the TI is out?

Ok so the TI came out and that is a great thing! Congratulations to all the new owners. My question is will us powercore virus users get any new features? Custom waves would be nice. As far as I know there has been no feature updates since the virus was put on the market. Yes I know they put out a bug fix but that just fixed some of the problems for some of the people. I hope we Powercore users are not left any further behind in the game than we already are. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 07.10.2005, 05:55 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I own the virus powercore and the TI now, it would be nice to see some new things on the powercore version but tbh Ill never use it again. Simply because it sounds AWFUL compared to the TI. Its weak, thin, uninspirational and downright boring. I cant tell you what the difference is as all virus's have the same engine and run of the same dsps/code but the TI just sounds fresh and alive and can sit in a mix beautifully.

If you get the chance to go in a shop and play with one youll see what I mean. Ill never load the virus powercore again.

ten
Old 09.10.2005, 08:43 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Thanks for the good news Good to know that the product that I bought just a couple of months ago is now totaly dated and sounds like crap when put beside the TI. I can feel the value falling as I type this. Well guess I could hope for an update of some sort seing that the thing is pretty much the most expencive soft synth on the market it might be nice if they did not just leave us powercore people in the dust.
Old 09.10.2005, 09:28 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

Ten,
i belive there are 2 reasons for you feeling like that:
1.digital-analog convertion.
2.its all in your head.
Old 09.10.2005, 09:59 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Maybe....but im not the only one to think so

ten
Old 09.10.2005, 11:19 AM
Pro
Pro

Did the Virus Powercore, Virus A/B/C suddenly loose their great sound when the TI was finally shipping? 8O NOT!

I just decided to continue using the Virus Powercore instead of going to the TI yet. The reasons...

People have reported that the TI has:
-delay compensation/timing problems
-pops and crackles
-high cpu usage because of the usb transfer
-slows down other usb equipment
-gives only 2 stereo outputs if you don't want to use the analog connections with manual delay compensation. If the Virus Control plugin doesn't know which audio inputs you're monitoring, it just cannot compensate the TI's analog outs.

Virus Powercore works in Logic7 very well for me. It gives me 4 stereo outputs already with 1 instance and I guess, the audio streams are 24bit, not 16bit. It doesn't give any crackles or pops when playing and 1 instance needs about 1% of cpu to operate. Problem free synth at least for me. And what is the most important thing, the Virus Powercore already has the legendary powerful Virus sound which I need. It is definitely NOT weak as ten says.

Not every sound has to be a 10 voice unison or a hypersaw that it sounds great. Listen to the best tracks which Armin for example plays and tell me how many hypersaws you hear? The best tracks are based on simple and beautiful sounds which need more effort to program than just turning the unison on and detuning it. Still, if you need a fat unison sound, the Virus Powercore gives it to you.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09.10.2005, 01:11 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Ok kids....when any of you have actually heard the TI and virus poco comparing the same presets like for like (as I have) and not just crapy demos off a website, then you qualify to comment on this

ten
Old 09.10.2005, 02:48 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I am curious as to any others can do an A/B test for us so we can have a second set of ears on this one. Hell I like the way my virus sounds now even if it is not for all my sounds. An update would be nice though.
Old 09.10.2005, 04:30 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Ok kids....when any of you have actually heard the TI and virus poco comparing the same presets like for like (as I have) and not just crapy demos off a website, then you qualify to comment on this
I have a TI Polar since two days for evaluation beside my PoCo Virus and I can bring it back to the dealer if it doesn't fit my needs or is too buggy. Of course I'm comparing it to the Poco Virus and to be fair I loaded presets from the PoCo Virus into the TI and found them identically sounding if the levels are matched. The comparison was done by using both synths in Nuendo 3.1 and giving them out digitally into my Yamaha DM2000 desk, therefore I was monitoring both synths with the same D/A. Beside this the TI Polar is a big improvement compared to the PoCo Virus ergonomically and soundwise because the additional EQs and effects are making it a 'real multi timbral instrument. There are 'simple' sounds which cannot be reproduced by the PoCo version. For example I couldn't reproduce (in a reasonable amount of time) the preset 'RipTide' in the PoCo Virus, because of the clever usage of the TI's EQs. You cannot load TI presets into the PoCo unfortunately (with neglecting the additional parameters).
Old 09.10.2005, 04:57 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten

ten
I haven't heard the TI but I have worked with Virus B, KC and Virus Powercore and they all sound great. It doesn't really matter if I have heard the TI or not. How can the Virus Powercore's sound quality depend on if somebody has heard the TI or not? Does the Virus Powercore suddenly sound bad if you have heard the TI? If you think this way you can say that all other synths are also boring and sound ugly and everybody must sell all their other synths and get a TI because after that all other synths just sound rubbish. Come on!

In my opinion, when you have enough experience in sound programming and producing, then you qualify to comment on this.