Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 30.06.2014, 10:34 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Default Lexicon reverb units (MX series)

Some of Lexicon's units have been discussed here over the years, but not in quite some time. I'm interested in the lower end stuff (MX200, MX300, MX400 etc.) basically under the $400 mark.

I seem to remember feedback here of these things were unfavorable, yet when I look at user reviews on the various dealer sites people seem to love them.

Was wondering if anyone here owns one and can answer some questions I might have about them? Specifically, I'd like feedback on how well the VST works for your unit (is it buggy/any reliability problems), how many instances of the VST can you load (and if only one, how many different reverbs can your unit host? I assume there is a way to spread FX across multiple mixer tracks in Cubase?)

Any feedback on pros/cons/things you'd do differently if making the purchase again would be greatly appreciated.

Also if you're not a fan of Lexicon's stuff, would be interested in hearing about alternatives, keeping in mind the DAW integration is key.