Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.06.2009, 08:46 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Virus not my sound card, route audio via USB

Hi all,

I am running Ableton live 8 with an external soundcard and the virus is plugged in via usb.

I would like to route the audio from the virus to different usb outs so I can utilize the side chain effect in ableton without affecting all the patches the virus plays.

Can't quite see how this is done in live, as all the audio preferences relate to the sound interface, and nothing for the Virus so if I then switch a patch to say usb 3/4 I can no longer hear it.

Is this possible in live or am I going to have to do something else like route it into the interface through the analog outs instead?

Anyone done this in Ableton?

Cheers,

Simon

Virus-TI2 KB, Powercore compact, Intel i7 Quad Core on Gamers republic mobo (Nvidia Chipset), 4Gb Ram, 250Gb Sata, Windows Vista x32 SP1.

Ableton Live 8.04
Old 23.07.2009, 09:05 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I'm also curious how to set this up.

I want to use the sidechain on a bassline played by the virus while all other patches in the virus should stay unaffected.

Now, I think i want to route the bassline to USB 3/4, and all virus patches towards the standard USB 1/2. However, I can't figure out how to set this up. (and the Ableton tutorial song is quite cryptic)

Ofcourse, I could bounce the bassline to audio and use sidechain compression on the audiochannel, but that's not what i want.
Old 24.07.2009, 10:10 AM
aTISHooo!
I am starting to like this forum

There's a Tutorial in your start menu, and various threads on this forums relating to how to set Ableton Live up for multiple outs.
Search is your friend.

http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30368

For the Sidechain input refer to Vocoder or FX input in the manual on how to set up the inputs on the Virus.
It has nothing to do with your preferences/soundcard inputs, remember this is a hardware synthesizer.