Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.12.2013, 07:54 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Well, it was as easy as pressing a couple of buttons on the synth itself. When pressing "part" button, four lights come up where the RAM selection bank buttons would normally light up. They represent from left to right patches one to four. Press the appropriate one and that patch is then represented in the LCD display.

Can not believe that I didn't work that one out.

Thanks for your answers though!
Hmm, for some reason I was thinking you wanted to do this remotely with a controller (i.e. having the display within visibility but the Snow not necessarily within hands reach). It's probably going to save a lot of headaches anytime you can reach for the instrument itself, so I'm glad you found something that worked.

The more I thought about sending patch changes to the DAW, the more I started to believe making it sync up with the Snow display wasn't going to be possible without the plugin, because that's what syncs them up (over USB and probably proprietary data format rather than MIDI signals) -- something like a track change in the DAW has no way to communicate back to the hardware that it's on a different patch without an integration piece (VC) handling it.
Old 09.12.2013, 01:46 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Well, it was as easy as pressing a couple of buttons on the synth itself. When pressing "part" button, four lights come up where the RAM selection bank buttons would normally light up. They represent from left to right patches one to four. Press the appropriate one and that patch is then represented in the LCD display.
I just did a fill in for a band using multis on his desktop. Would have been handy to know this, as I was wondering the exact same thing.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/