Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.12.2005, 10:25 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Hi Ben, nope using the TI USB ASIO. Tried all combinations of ASIO, USB, MidiClock, Project and Audio Mixdown Sample/Bit Rate.

Sometimes the export is spot on, but can never do it twice in a row!

Have also tried using a pre-roll but doesn't seem to help.

The Virus and the Cubase dongle are the only USB connections.

AMD 2800
ASUS MB with nVidia nForce2 chipset
1 GB Ram
Also have an Audiophile 2496 PCI card but only using that for recording audio now.

Any ideas?

Sean
Old 01.12.2005, 10:28 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsformatc
Hi Ben, nope using the TI USB ASIO. Tried all combinations of ASIO, USB, MidiClock, Project and Audio Mixdown Sample/Bit Rate.

Sometimes the export is spot on, but can never do it twice in a row!
What is it that goes out of time? The arps? If so, how far out do they go?
Old 01.12.2005, 10:40 AM
New here

Everything from the Virus is out of time. If I export 1 bar with 4 beats (a simple bass patch will do) and then play the audio together with the original the beats are out of time. When I look at the audio sample the wave starts sometime after the first beat at varying lengths. There is a delay on recording which I thought should be compensated for automatically. The sample itself seems in time though. Should I need to make a manual letency adjustment? Not sure I could though as the delay seems to vary from one export to another. Am I missing the point of waht sample accuracy is meant to achieve?

Latency comp is on. Have also tried it off.
Old 01.12.2005, 02:38 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Try going into the ASIO control panel as soon as SL has loaded, and 'change' the Application Priority to a different setting. Then close it and click Apply.

Now try your export - any difference?
Old 01.12.2005, 03:37 PM
New here

Doesn't help.

I also noticed before Cubase doesn't seem to remember that the app priority has been changed, it is always on 'High'.

Tried exporting the bass line 3 times in a row without making any changes in between and got 3 different results! It is not even consistently out!
Old 01.12.2005, 06:55 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsformatc
Doesn't help.

I also noticed before Cubase doesn't seem to remember that the app priority has been changed, it is always on 'High'.
Yes - it takes this setting from the VST Audiobay>Expert>Audio Priority setting. You should check in here for other settings to tweak (at least try setting Audio Priority to Normal)

Quote:
Tried exporting the bass line 3 times in a row without making any changes in between and got 3 different results! It is not even consistently out!
Well, it exports fine in SX3.1.1. under TIOS 1.07, so I'm thinking it's got to be something in your system - if fiddling around in the Expert panel doesn't help, I'd suggest reinstalling SL3 and checking your motherboard BIOS is up-to-date.
Old 01.12.2005, 09:10 PM
New here

I have tried many settings, re-installed Windows and Cubase SL. There is nothing much else running on this machine. A bit lost for things to try, but the Polar isn't much use to me if I can't export audio.

Access know about my issue, but if others are not having a problem I don't hold out much hope of a solution.

Thanks for trying.

Sean
Old 01.12.2005, 10:47 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Does the audiofile software allow some sort of outputs rerouting back into an ASIO application (similar to RME`s TotalMix, for example)? if it does you can probably workaround the export problem by recording the Ti streams back into audio tracks in cubase.

Investing in a separate PCI USB controller might also prove helpful. I`m gonna pick one up tomorrow in hope it will somehow help my arp timing problems in Nuendo and SX.

hearing all other user reports, I can`t recall encountering another USB device that proved to be as system sensitive as the TI (:sigh.

Best,
midi.
Old 02.12.2005, 07:26 AM
New here

It will be interesting to see what happens with the USB PCI controller.

Good luck!

Sean
Old 03.12.2005, 12:08 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I've tried the PCI usb thing and get identical bugs, don't bother.