Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 10.02.2006, 08:02 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

i hope i understand this correctly..

So this is due to the soundcard and the ti being separate soundcards with different buffers in cubase?

So if i was to use the ti for both synth and asio sound (as i intend to do) it would not be an issue?

And doesn't this 40 ms delay workaround result in an extremely sluggish performance when playing the ti live?
Old 10.02.2006, 04:46 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
In fact most of us here with pro soundcards prefer the analog outs of the ti to the USB, don't try and sell us the 16bit sales stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
Total Integration guys, keep working on it, listen to us. We want effortless production, smarter tools. Get smarter.
Totally agree with GRS.
Old 10.02.2006, 05:06 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs

I think Drammy was referring to the USB being poor quality ie 16bit and the analog outs being high quality but out of time ie in front of the beat 40ms. Get it. In fact most of us here with pro soundcards prefer the analog outs of the ti to the USB, don't try and sell us the 16bit sales stuff.
Exactly...

I use an RME HDSP 9632.

Marc, are you telling me that if I take Analog out from the Virus TI into my RME and then use the Analog outs of the RME into my monitors, I will get the same quality of audio as I would if I took USB out from my TI into the PC and then out intot he monitors via the Analog outs on my RME?

I think you'll find this is not the case.
Old 10.02.2006, 05:32 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammy
Quote:
Originally Posted by grs

I think Drammy was referring to the USB being poor quality ie 16bit and the analog outs being high quality but out of time ie in front of the beat 40ms. Get it. In fact most of us here with pro soundcards prefer the analog outs of the ti to the USB, don't try and sell us the 16bit sales stuff.
Exactly...

I use an RME HDSP 9632.

Marc, are you telling me that if I take Analog out from the Virus TI into my RME and then use the Analog outs of the RME into my monitors, I will get the same quality of audio as I would if I took USB out from my TI into the PC and then out intot he monitors via the Analog outs on my RME?

I think you'll find this is not the case.
no, using USB without putting the signal though an D/A converter, preamp it and A/D convert it will certainly change the sound not to the better (at least not in my ears).

i was under the impression that drammy refered to the analog outs as "poor". in any case i will leave this type of discussion to you guys. i can help you setting up your systems and fix problems but i'm not prepared to participate in the rest.
best, marc
Old 10.02.2006, 06:32 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

I never stated that the Analog outs were poor, absolutely not. They are good, that is why I would like to be able to use them coming into my RME, rather than the USB.

Back to the original question - is it possible to turn off the auto compensation on just the Virus - this should enable us to achieve what we would like.

Marc, I have been a keen Access customer for many years and am certainly not slating your product, I love it. I am meerly asking if you can consider making this possible, which in turn is helping us set-up our system...

Drammy
Old 10.02.2006, 06:54 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammy
I never stated that the Analog outs were poor, absolutely not. They are good, that is why I would like to be able to use them coming into my RME, rather than the USB.

Back to the original question - is it possible to turn off the auto compensation on just the Virus - this should enable us to achieve what we would like.

Marc, I have been a keen Access customer for many years and am certainly not slating your product, I love it. I am meerly asking if you can consider making this possible, which in turn is helping us set-up our system...

Drammy
"
Back to the original question - is it possible to turn off the auto compensation on just the Virus - this should enable us to achieve what we would like."

no, you can't turn it off just for the channels which use the virus TI analog outs. but we are very aware of the problems and limitations this causes and we're working on a solution.

so what do you mean with "surely we shouldn't have to chose between sound quality or timing...". is the quality of the signal coming out of the Virus Control using USB poor in any way?

marc
Old 10.02.2006, 07:03 PM
Pro
Pro

>is the quality of the signal coming out of the Virus Control using USB poor in any way?<

isn't it obvious?
Old 10.02.2006, 07:08 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. orange
>is the quality of the signal coming out of the Virus Control using USB poor in any way?<

isn't it obvious?
not to me. please explain

marc
Old 10.02.2006, 07:24 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. orange

isn't it obvious?
not to me. please explain

marc
okay: 16bits
Old 10.02.2006, 07:53 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

dr. orange: Before processing, could you really distinguish a 24bits audio track from a 16bits?