Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.09.2013, 11:34 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Could someone explain the AUX buses in Virus A, B and C?

I've read the manuals but can't really get my head around how this actually works. I only have a TI so I can't try it out.

Is it possible, with internal routing, for sound shapers to interact between patches, so that you could use an envelope or LFO from one patch to modulate pulse with or oscillator pitch of another patch? I read something somewhere that indicated that this was possible, but I assumed it would have to be a source doorway in the mod matrix for this to be possible(?)

Is it possible, in virus A, B and C multi mode, to chain several patches in series so that one could say place filters AFTER an effect, and then add another effect and then yet another filter after that and so on, everything affecting the same, one and only, single patch?

Last edited by HUBA : 11.09.2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 13.09.2013, 06:59 PM
Complete Newbie

Default Bump

I'm bumping this thread because I'm curious too. And also, because I bat about 200 in getting responses to my own threads...
The official forum doesn't let me stay logged in so I can't post there.
-CCQ-
Old 14.09.2013, 12:52 PM
New here

Yeah, I've posted this both places to up my chances. The response, at least on the official forum, is usually pretty low. Especially Access' own people tend to be shy with commenting, even on the interesting questions and suggestions.

Regarding the topic, with these older viruses, I'd expect all you can do with the internal routing is adding effects and filtereing from other parts in the multi, as in nothing that has to do with the oscillators, and that the number of AUX buses limits the chaining of effects and filters for the same patch, but I might be wrong, as I don't know how this routing is done.

As mentioned before, I read something in some thread about it indeed being possible to affect the oscillator section as well, but it was an answer to someone having a problem with something, and there's always a chance that the one answering in that thread never actually tried this himself and just assumed this was possible.. Who knows? Well, I'd expect someone at Access does, but it's not of much help if they aren't really participating in the forum..

I've had problems logging in to the official forum myself. I had the right password, but for some reason pushing the 'forgot password' button and renew the password made it all work again.
Old 17.09.2013, 04:05 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi there, your post has been noted, however I'm currently away on holiday so if no-one else chips in beforehand, I will post when I get my hands back on my Indigo (Sunday) and reacclimbatise myself with that feature.
Old 22.09.2013, 09:46 AM
Pro
Pro

Now I am also interested in this and thanks for bringing it to light. I also would be interested in knowing exactly how it affects voice count and any work around or creative alternatives. Thanks!