Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.10.2013, 09:44 PM
Pro
Pro

Default WHY would anyone DO THIS to a Virus Indigo?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACCESS-VIRUS...item3f2aa13001

Found this on ebay USA today and almost made me cry! It's one thing to customize something to where it looks really cool, but this makes one wonder just **how much** spray paint, et al, was oozing all down into encoders?

This looks like an Indigo that caught fire and was put out with drain cleaner

OKAY...it gets better...more info in description now...It *HAS* been in a fire but claims only smoke damage...

"[Description:
Up for your consideration is a pre-owned ACCESS VIRUS INDIGO SYNTH. Used. AS IS. It's been painted, custom decorated, and it has been in a fire. It lived, with only smoke damage. Cosmetically, it has seen better days, but it's been thoroughly tested and everything works. Come by the store in Beltsville and give it a spin.

LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY!!!]"

Last edited by namnibor : 15.10.2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 16.10.2013, 12:59 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

One careful lady owner?

"Used. AS IS. It's been painted, custom decorated, and it has been in a fire."

Riiiight.

"$600?" I think not. Not even $60. They'd need luck of stratospheric proportions.
Old 16.10.2013, 01:24 AM
Pro
Pro

~~~Per-r-r-fect~~~ for a Hallows Eve or Saturnalia Festival. The Virus From Hell....and back!
Old 16.10.2013, 01:31 AM

Looks like it was "painted" with a magic marker (especially if you look at some of the eBay pics where you can see the width of the "brush" stroke). Also somewhat visible on the front especially under the Access logo.

That's messed up. Wonder what really happened?

eBay pic of the back does show what could be smoke damage I guess, or something else that really took its toll on the finish, so they probably figured it would look better colored (with whatever they had laying around), then once they realized things weren't going to turn out well with the magic ink bath, it was too late to turn back.

They do need to get realistic on the price. I have to say though, if it was charred/smoke damaged, I would have valued it at about the same as the crap crayon job. It might even be better like that, because at least it doesn't constantly remind you of fire that way.
Old 16.10.2013, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
~~~Per-r-r-fect~~~ for a Hallows Eve or Saturnalia Festival. The Virus From Hell....and back!
Maybe it was just some musical genius' onstage expression of passion for the song? Kind of like Pete Townshend destroying his guitars
Old 16.10.2013, 02:48 AM
Pro
Pro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
Maybe it was just some musical genius' onstage expression of passion for the song? Kind of like Pete Townshend destroying his guitars

OR...Keith Emerson and lighter fluid with Ribbon Controller....gone bad!
Here's a great video of a musical genius, Keith Emerson, whom with me officially being 50 years old now, am showing my age but this kind of passion for keyboards/synths is why we are still here...and lest we forget Mr. Rick Wakeman of Yes...Progressive Rock before it had a name for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQlwDkOhWGc

I would do better as well, as in perhaps taking every type of the color blue existing in a crayon box and go H.R. Geiger on it!!

I can see evidence of original finish bubbling, perhaps the fire was a bit more comprehensive and THIS is ALL they could salvage...would be very fearful of other items sold by this seller as well.

Am SURE some Goth Band would do well with this. It may have "The Lighter Fluid Stage Trick" for another go at "High Way To Hell", by AC/DC (good song) It could also make the huge bell sound before "Hell's Bells" I am just full of Martha Stewart type uses for your burned out Virus!!!

Last edited by namnibor : 16.10.2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old 16.10.2013, 09:21 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Whats wrong with you guys? Thats the latest custom job from access 'The dark char' Lol.
Old 16.10.2013, 09:31 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Whats wrong with you guys? Thats the latest custom job from access 'The dark char' Lol.
HA! Nice one!
Old 16.10.2013, 09:37 PM
Pro
Pro

Talking

I would wager that the slightly yellow-green translucent paint around dials **may** be glow-in-dark paint. It would just be considered yet "another feature" no one else has! HA!
Glad TIMO nabbed and posted pic from ebay post for posterity sake because would guess too this is most atrocious Virus yet. If not, prove it:
Old 19.10.2013, 04:13 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
I would wager that the slightly yellow-green translucent paint around dials **may** be glow-in-dark paint. It would just be considered yet "another feature" no one else has! HA!
Glad TIMO nabbed and posted pic from ebay post for posterity sake because would guess too this is most atrocious Virus yet. If not, prove it:
I can make your instruments look like this for 50 bucks! it's like the Virus Kurt Cobain would have if he was still alive, think about it!

also available costumized hello kitty paints, skrillex virus without the distortion's intensity knob (always on!), ...