Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.12.2005, 05:37 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

Quote:
than you will never own a top of the line synth.
neuron, andromeda, TI, roland_V are all ~$2k
im with tomer. i havent even scratched the surface of my virus b yet.

who needs a top of the line synth when you can create an infinite number of professional quality sounds on a cheap, second hand virus b for 350 bucks?

http://media.putfile.com/Virus-B-Demo-Sounds-Vol1

hooray for virus b!

since this thread is called acid test heh, i had to throw in a tb-303 emulation on my virus b to prove it can model analogue very closely. it is the second sound and is almost identical to the saw wave on audiorealism bassline between c4 and c6 (which it is modelled on). i need to work on the attack transient (which is not perfect yet) but i will nail it eventually.

and ooooh. whats this? a supersaw on a virus b? well i never :\

sure the TI is exactly the same as a VB with extra knobs, bells and whistles. i just wont spend another $1700 on the extra bits. not until i have mastered every tiny feature of a VB.
Old 01.12.2005, 07:06 PM
Amateur
Amateur

hmmm. I hear what you are saying... but

The TI can manage the sound of all the previous incarnations of the Virus range - on steroids and then some! You have the raw processing power of the dual motorola dsp processors (same ones used in pro-tools TDM) the huge polyphony - and the keyboard action is very, very nice. It simply sounds fucking amazing.

If I had a couple of the previous incarnations of the Virus in my studio kit list - which also sound fantastic - then I would have to think long and hard about owning a TI. But I don't.

The TI OS is somewhat at a Beta stage and will require some extensive work, but it must be said the rate of the updates from Access is very acceptable. IMHO as it stands it is worth the cash just as a standalone unit, without the Virus Control. When the TI is fully working it will be simply amazing.

So what I would say is go and demo the TI (for 3 hours like I did) and you WILL want one, it's as simple as that.

MonkeyMan (cHieF BAnaNa FiDdLER for AcCESS mUsIC)
Old 02.12.2005, 12:20 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

Quote:
The TI can manage the sound of all the previous incarnations of the Virus range - on steroids and then some! You have the raw processing power of the dual motorola dsp processors (same ones used in pro-tools TDM) the huge polyphony - and the keyboard action is very, very nice. It simply sounds fucking amazing.
i never disputed this. but for myself, tomer and alot of others, the extra $1500 price premium of a TI over a used Virus is not something we feel is worth paying given that we still have not touched a 1/10th of what even a Virus A is capable of.

this is personal preference of course but i had to reply to the ''top of the line' remark because there is a big tendancy in this industry to place a greater emphasis on one's tools than on one's ability to use those tools. As far as digital painting goes, a graphics tablet is a graphics tablet is a graphics tablet. it is irelevant which one you use as long as you are comfortable using it.

there is also a tendancy for computer musicians to just go with the upgrade loop and get the new revisions and the new updates regardless of whether they have even mastered the old feature set.

what that means that many computer musicians dont actually master anything in this manner. which i think is ostensibly quite bad.

a would gladly accept a TI if it were given to me, but i do not buy 1st generation hardware and i do not move onto a new synth until i feel i have mastered the one i have got first

also, i dont have $2000 lying around
Old 02.12.2005, 03:41 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Kid

who needs a top of the line synth when you can create an infinite number of professional quality sounds on a cheap, second hand virus b for 350 bucks?

http://media.putfile.com/Virus-B-Demo-Sounds-Vol1
wk, you really do make some great sounds with your virus!!