Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.07.2009, 07:10 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

The effects on the Virus are fantastic, so rich and deep, really worth. So it's clear that it's consuming power.

It 's not a real probelm you just have to know where the limits are. And the virus indicates you the patch complexity so it's a good marker to the possibilities which are left.
Old 15.07.2009, 07:32 PM
Very mucho Newbie

on average how many affects can you apply before it starts eat up too much? im getting the feeling that the virus is pretty limited in complex synthesis

is the problem only when building one sound, or does it reach the limits when you have more than 1 virus track in a song? if you were to only use 1 virus track in a song, how limited would that one sound be?

because if the problem arrises only from multiple instances of the virus, then that could be overcome by bouncing each track to wav no?
Old 15.07.2009, 07:38 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via AIM to sniperdude

I just bought a snow... its a nice synth. Just a pain in the ass to get working. I have Vista 64 bit, so I had to setup a dualboot XP32 on my current i7 rig which sucks.

So if you have 64 bit, be leary of Viruses in general. I like what I hear though. It's like a hardware version of Refx Nexus but WAY better.
Old 15.07.2009, 08:20 PM
Very mucho Newbie

@ sdrr00

No, the virus is not limited, it's a too powerful synth. The possibilites are endless with the Virus and I had never a better synth than the virus.

If you listen to the patches (presets) it's just amazing how it's sounds, you nearly don't have to do anything, you can take them right out of the box.

And those sounds are already complex and rich, so there are complex sounds in there, so why couldn't you do this as well?

If you use one virus track so there will be no problem, also komplex patches and analog filter emulation will work.
If you use 10 tracks so there will be drop outs (if you use complex patches). So here you have to deal and maybe to bounce some tracks, to get lower power consuming.

So it's really depending on the manner you use your virus.

Keep in mind it's a synthesizer and not a moonlanding maschine and the sounds as well the effects are calculated directly in the maschine live, when you press a key.

As I said not a real problem.... and still love the virus.
Old 09.04.2011, 08:56 PM
New here
New here

someone mentioned that the TI2 offered more stability.. is that true?

i have the TI1 61.. and never maxed it out. so i dont get the 25% more power reference, so maybe its related to plugin performance in the DAW and better arp sync etc??

id like to swap my dektop 61 ti1 for a desktop for space reasons and i am asking for the ti2 desktop as the price would be more fair, but dont know much about the "under the hood" of it.

if its more stable then that would suck for who ever is trading with me.
Old 10.04.2011, 11:36 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

nope, the "stability" part is pure speculation on whether the improved performances can cause less troubles to the voice allocation engine (as in causing less glitches, less hang notes and stuff).

the 25% more power is due to the fact the DSPs have been changed. these are slightly faster (probably clocked a little faster and some tweaks by motorola, imho) and so provide that little boost in expected polyphony