Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.05.2013, 06:28 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
I really don't go out of my way to try to be an ass, but a lot of people are going to have a big problem believing that you have a disability that precludes you from reading the manual, while simultaneously affording you the ability to read individual posts that are customized for you.

ADD/ADHD has become an excuse for too many things, but even at its worst it does not prevent reading, it actually makes the act of reading more focused and concentrated when you properly control your environment. If you're being distracted while reading, lock yourself in a room and pipe white noise over noise-cancelling headphones. A lot of people are easily distracted, myself included, even if I'm not "officially" an ADD case, sometimes I just want to maintain momentum without hearing someone else's music, or screaming kids or whatever. But my god, I would never try to convince someone that I have some medical reason why answers that are easily available elsewhere must be spoon fed to me personally or I can't grasp them, because I'm unable to use a search engine or read it any other way.

It just really bothers me to think that everyone with an aversion to reading would come here and, one-at-a-time, person-by-person, submit questions along the road to understanding a deep instrument like the Virus because its more convenient for them.
LOL, I actually answered all his queries in my first post if you read both sentences carefully so I guess RTFM is out of the question.
Old 24.05.2013, 02:30 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
LOL, I actually answered all his queries in my first post if you read both sentences carefully so I guess RTFM is out of the question.
Yes but I thought he was saying he couldn't be bugged to RTFM because of ADHD and that's not what he meant, so I'm not too proud to put on the stooge cap and take one for the team
Old 24.05.2013, 03:02 PM
Veteran
Veteran

never ever tried to read stuff with closed ear cups playing white noise. isn't that one of many definitions for torture? MUST READ MANUAL, MUST FOCUS (with zombie like voice...) MUST GET VIRUS WORKING WITHOUT HARDWARE ON MASCHINE NO MATTER WHAT (ok, uncalled for...)...
Old 24.05.2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
never ever tried to read stuff with closed ear cups playing white noise. isn't that one of many definitions for torture? MUST READ MANUAL, MUST FOCUS (with zombie like voice...) MUST GET VIRUS WORKING WITHOUT HARDWARE ON MASCHINE NO MATTER WHAT (ok, uncalled for...)...
I don't know if you need closed ear cups, just ear buds plugged into an iPhone or whatever will do, but sometimes it comes in handy. I'm doing most work in my home office these days, but I once worked at a client site where there was this chick about 3 cubicles over that had this voice that sounded like those shrill hardstyle sounds that guy erolz keeps asking you to help him make, only worse I swear to god that broads voice just cut through any mix, went straight to the eardrum and made you want to commit suicide. Remember Alex in A Clockwork Orange wanting to snuff it over Beethoven? That was my reaction to her voice.
Old 24.05.2013, 03:06 PM
Veteran
Veteran

if the US defense department happens to read this, this kind of torture is patented by the Infekted.org forum members and can't be used without payment up front, of course. we're greedy bastards here, we need to get in touch with the new analogue market for our studios, so be ready to fire up the big buck - if you take terrorism seriously you're willing to go all the way, right? we accept payment in high end hardware gear (up front also).

We have our own veteran synthesizer wizard here, so we don't have openings for staff until further notice. Thank you.
Old 24.05.2013, 03:11 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
I don't know if you need closed ear cups, just ear buds plugged into an iPhone or whatever will do, but sometimes it comes in handy. I'm doing most work in my home office these days, but I once worked at a client site where there was this chick about 3 cubicles over that had this voice that sounded like those shrill hardstyle sounds that guy erolz keeps asking you to help him make, only worse I swear to god that broads voice just cut through any mix, went straight to the eardrum and made you want to commit suicide. Remember Alex in A Clockwork Orange wanting to snuff it over Beethoven? That was my reaction to her voice.
Lovely! The thing about social networks is you don't get to listen to their voice when zapping for possible dates: and some of them can sound exactly like the growl basses from Skrillex when they get mad - I believe they were forced to eat the Yamaha's FM chipset included on many sound cards from the old age (that's also David Smith's history btw). Domestic violence is a plague, now we're forced to deal with this high pitched ear piercing voices. It's just insane.
Old 24.05.2013, 03:21 PM

I'm having trouble finding the button that marks threads that have gone terribly sideways, can anyone help? I know... RTFM..
Old 24.05.2013, 03:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Exclamation

Quote:
I'm having trouble finding the button that marks threads that have gone terribly sideways, can anyone help? I know... RTFM..
couldn't find it, but rated it 6 stars so as to preserve the important info for future generations.

For almost a decade, Rick Simpson has been showing people how to cure cancer with hemp oil!

Old 25.05.2013, 06:24 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Poor noob has probably got the TI up on ebay right now but if you don't ask specific questions then this is what you get. We are not mind readers...yet