Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 10.11.2003, 08:07 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default !!!!!!!!! OS6.5 BUILD 352 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apparantly another bug in the last one
Old 11.11.2003, 01:10 AM
New here
New here

Hello everyone, here's my recent HC post about the 6.5:

...buid 352 is *definitely* not the last one....

-One prob I've had with build 350: filters in SPLIT mode generated awful noise from some patches.

- Build 351 fixed it. But now LFO3 assigns were no longer working! Reportedly, outputs 3&4 aren't working too.

- I downloaded 352 only to find out the LFO3 bug is still there! Waiting for build 353 already...

But the MOOG filter makes me forget about all these issues, it's soooo good!!
Old 11.11.2003, 03:56 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I already went from 350 to 351. I'm just going to wait until it's final.
Old 11.11.2003, 04:47 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

i went from 351 to 352 this morning before work...

i wanted to play around with the known bugs to see if 352 had fixed them...but i only had a short time so i decided to play around with new filter instead!!! this filter is really really good (to put it lightly! 8O )...

i cant wait to hear what people come out with using it!!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 11.11.2003, 08:35 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Tom_1970

LFO3 seems to works fine on my Virus.

Is it completely dead on yours?
Old 11.11.2003, 09:30 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

so i am going to have to upgrade the OS again!!!! that's the 3rd time this week!!!

Don't get me wrong.. The Virus is a great machine and the new features are excellent.. Part of the reason why i bought it was because of Access as a company and their development of the virus range via firmware upgrades..

Do Access not have a testing department? Upgrading firmware should not be taken lightly.. I only do it if it is completely necessary..(same as a pc!)If it goes wrong, from my understanding we are not covered by the warranty..

I think i'll hold off till they get the bugs ironed out!!

I am not slating Access here, i am a loyal fan.. but i would rather wait and get an OS that is stable and functions fully, rather than flashing my ROM every other day!!

When you spend alot of cash on a synth.. you dont want to be messing about flashing a chip.. that can go horribly wrong!!! (speaking form PC experience here!)

Quality definately seems to be slipping !!!

I had a Korg Triton, OS 2.0 took atleast 6 months to be released.. but when it was, it was stable and did exactly what Korg said..

Access seem to be very keen to enhance the Virus (not a bad thing)..but come on guys.. i am sure your users would rather wait until thorough testing is done..instead of a new buggy os every month...

On a side note.. it would have been nice to know that you only need to install the first midi file to update the OS..as installing the second one wipes all the presets from bank C upwards..

So if you are already on OS 5 or above (with the 1024 sound expansion).. you only need to load the first os midi file!!! (i know i should have backed up my presets )

well that's my tupence worth!!! I just dont need the hassle!!!
(P4 3GHz,1gigDDRAM,120gig Raid 0)running Sonar 4,Yamaha DSP factory,SW1000,AX16,Midiman 2x2, dual TFT/Access VirusC/Nord Rack2/Korg Karma/MS2000/Poly 800/DWS6000/Roland JV1080/MC505/JP8000/ALPHAJUNO/Fantom X8 OS2 1GB Storage,512Mb RAM/Yamaha 01V with MY8AT....AMD 64, Reason 2.5,Edirol Midi interface
Old 11.11.2003, 09:49 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

totally agree with you here.
i haven`t even upgraded from os 6 yet, due to this problem.

good point also about the second file, i actually posted a message about this, as it seemed as clear as mud on the instructions.
Old 11.11.2003, 12:18 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekkh

- Build 351 fixed it. But now LFO3 assigns were no longer working! Reportedly, outputs 3&4 aren't working too.

- I downloaded 352 only to find out the LFO3 bug is still there! Waiting for build 353 already...
nonsense - LFO3 is working fine. You were either using a much earlier build before, or you just haven't noticed until now how LFO3 works.

The LEDs only light up once you change the Amount to above +0. They do not behave like LFO1 and 2, because you can only send LFO3 Amount to *one* of the available parameters.

So, now you can relax and get on with enjoying build 352
Old 11.11.2003, 12:28 PM
Veteran
Veteran

[quote="Aurora"]so i am going to have to upgrade the OS again!!!! that's the 3rd time this week!!!

All part of the fun

Upgrading firmware should not be taken lightly..If it goes wrong, from my understanding we are not covered by the warranty..

I'm sure Access will see you alright if the worst should happen - I've yet to hear of anyone having to pay for this problem to be sorted out. It's really a very simple proceedure to replace the ROM chip.

I think i'll hold off till they get the bugs ironed out!!

Suit yourself - I think you'll find that 352 is pretty stable now..

i would rather wait and get an OS that is stable and functions fully, rather than flashing my ROM every other day!!

Don't worry about it so much - the ROM chips are guaranteed by the manufacturer to withstand a few thousand flashes. The instances of Flash ROM failure is really very rare.
Old 11.11.2003, 01:21 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

fair points Ben!!

i'll give 352 a go!!!

Hopefully with this one all is well!!

my experience with flashroms hasn't been good..which added to my frustration..

i had problems with OS5, which i upgraded to just after buying my Virus..
I really thought that my virus was knackered..(didn't have much experience of the synth).. I really could have done without the panic..(luckily there was a post regarding the problem here otherwise i would have been sending it back to the shop)

i still feel that Access could put a definitive tested os upgrade on there site rather than their current batch of offerings..

Not all users are experienced.. the difference between a shaky os and a hardware failure could be difficult to spot by someone who does not know what they are looking for..

They have set such high standards with their products and OS's that i can't help but feel dissappointed..

Maybe i'm just having a bad day 8O
(P4 3GHz,1gigDDRAM,120gig Raid 0)running Sonar 4,Yamaha DSP factory,SW1000,AX16,Midiman 2x2, dual TFT/Access VirusC/Nord Rack2/Korg Karma/MS2000/Poly 800/DWS6000/Roland JV1080/MC505/JP8000/ALPHAJUNO/Fantom X8 OS2 1GB Storage,512Mb RAM/Yamaha 01V with MY8AT....AMD 64, Reason 2.5,Edirol Midi interface