Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 07.09.2004, 01:58 AM
New here
New here

Default Need advice. "sparks" or "clicks" on vir

Hello anyone and everyone,
I just bought a used c on ebay. The seller claimed it was "absolute mint" but I'm not sure. On certain patches (in particular, patch E60 marimba1zs) as I play a chord for awhile (15, 20, 40 seconds) I start to hear "sparky" sounds - the same sound one gets when changing patches while the previous one is still fading. I know this topic was dealt with before but that was quite awhile ago and the OS has changed since then.
I tried "everything":
-Increasing the attack and decay envelope times on both envelopes
-decreasing the release times
-unassigning all Lfos and mods
-turning off all effects and reverb/delay
-decreasing osc volume, patch volume, and main volume
-routing audio out of out 2
-unison is off already
I was able to produce the same effect on a unit at the local music store, but their unit seemed a little beat up and buggy anyway, so I'm not sure what that means either. The funny thing is that while I don't feel that I can cause it, once it DOES start, it feels that I can "catch" it (cause it to happen) the way one can "catch" the echos from a delay (play directly on top of them) or "catch" a Lfo's phase. In other words, I feel that I can help it to keep happening... It only happens on a handful of patches and usually takes some time to kick in. But once it starts, it seems to happen more easily, sometimes with the first chord.
Does anyone find this to happens also? Can anyone out there also cause it (for E60 marimba1zs especially)? Is it normal for Virus? Or should I venture to return the unit? Any advice would be helpful. Sorry this is so long, but thanks. By the way, I'm listening with headphones...
Mousehead
Old 07.09.2004, 03:14 AM
Pro
Pro

Default clicks

hey mousehead, i think the vel on is controlling the amp decay in mod matrix in that marimba patch. Either take it off or adjust it.

welcome to the forum
Old 07.09.2004, 06:05 PM
New here
New here

Thanks Transash. I thought I had diabled all mods, but in fact I hadn't. I tried your suggestion quickly before I ran off to work, and it seemed to do it. I'll play around with it when I get home again. I hope that's all it is. I'll let you know.
MH
Old 07.09.2004, 07:44 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Don't worry, your Virus is working fine - this is normal behaviour for this patch. I'm afraid that none of the suggestions made so far will help.

You should find the following tweaks do though:

1) Filter Balance = 0

2) Cutoff 2 (Offset) = -40.

-=Ben
Old 08.09.2004, 07:07 PM
New here
New here

Thanks Ben. I'm beginning to think you may be right. It only happens on a few patches, like I said. Also, I mostly play with headphones on, so I'm probably hearing things that someone listening through monitors might not.
Unfortunately your parameter change instructions didn't make it go away either, as did not changing envelope attack or decay assignments in the mod matrix. It doesn't really matter though... as long as it seems there's nothing wrong with the unit, which my intuition tells me is true. Actually, I haven't had much chance to play around with it, but I'm beginning to think that changing the oscilator waves and or changing the tuning relations between them might do it. It seemed to work this morning. Anyway, thanks for your help.
MH
Old 09.09.2004, 04:56 PM
New here
New here

I got my virus for almost 3 months now and must say, I notice attack problems too once in a whyle ,especially when Virus is in Unison mode..and "LFO clicks" now and then,but I guess its natural for some sounds having problems when processed, hell I paid $$$$ euros for this thing I wont let him disapoint me, ..in the beginning I was a little disappointed with his sound,but now after tweaking and tweaking,trying to understand how he wants me to handle him I am getting very euphoric about his performance

/peace