Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.01.2005, 08:25 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default OK - I'm back, and I can officially confirm that..

..TI F*CKING ROCKS!!!!

Pay no attention to the whinging no-marks on certain forums - the HyperSaw is officially the phattest sounding oscillator you have ever heard. End of story.

I demo'ed it to masses of people, including plenty of A/B/C owners, and there wasn't a single one of them who wasn't left reeling from this baby.

In fact, for most of the time, I barely had to demo more than just the new oscillators themselves, without even touching the filters or efx, before people were convinced that this board is the absolute mutt's nuts.

As for the Wavetables, I only scratched the surface in the video, and can confirm that they are not limited to 4 waves each You can also rest assured that all manner of textures will be included in the release version, from nice to nasty and plenty in between.

Oh, and just so it's clear - WE 0WN3D NAMM 2005
Old 25.01.2005, 09:27 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Cheers Ben, loved the demo (jammy sod) Just seeing that has made all the difference and I think thats simply what most of us waiting wanted.

That hypersaw sounded bloody mental when you added the unison, cant wait to play with that.

Do you really think they will make the 45 days though?

ten
Old 25.01.2005, 09:45 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Cheers Ben, loved the demo (jammy sod) Just seeing that has made all the difference and I think thats simply what most of us waiting wanted.

That hypersaw sounded bloody mental when you added the unison, cant wait to play with that.

Do you really think they will make the 45 days though?

ten
Glad you enjoyed it - I can't bring myself to watch it yet As for the 45 days , all I know is that Access are keener than anyone to make this happen, and are working as hard as they can.

One thing I can promise is that t's gonna be worth the wait...
Old 25.01.2005, 10:00 PM
This forum member lives here

Ben that demo rocked....really rocked. I fucking loved the sound of osc 1 FM sync......soooooo Mono-poly. I was genuinely suprised at how fat one hypersaw oscilator sounded. I was also very impressed by the wavetable......sounded just how i hoped it would be!

Hypersaw & Moog filter combo sounded really great. I can imagine making some mega fat 80's sounds with it.

Im pre-ordering now.....it does rock

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 25.01.2005, 10:19 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Ben that demo rocked....really rocked. I fucking loved the sound of osc 1 FM sync......soooooo Mono-poly

DS
Cheers! I should clarify though, that there is no FM capability in the HyperSaw oscillator - hence we use the FM knob to control the intensity of the osc's internal sync whilst in this mode.

However, I don't know whether I remembered to mention how you will be able to choose between two FM modes for the Wavetable oscillators (when used in Osc2)? FreqMod and PhaseMod, which give drastically different results to each other - I was making some frakking crazy sounds with this over the last few days...
Old 25.01.2005, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
However, I don't know whether I remembered to mention how you will be able to choose between two FM modes for the Wavetable oscillators (when used in Osc2)? FreqMod and PhaseMod, which give drastically different results to each other - I was making some frakking crazy sounds with this over the last few days...
That is going to Fookin rock. Cant wait to get my hands on this thing. In the mean time, it is back to the old trusty ES2. Ben, did you save any as mp3's by chance? Can you post them, assuming access will let you?
Old 25.01.2005, 10:42 PM

Ben,
BTW the demo was a million times better than the one at Messe '04!!
Old 25.01.2005, 10:51 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default demo

Yeah good demo Ben. It sounds great. Everytime I thought you had it covered out popped another feature. You nearly even smirked when you announced the release date. Haven't been reading the board have you?
Old 25.01.2005, 11:19 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Re: OK - I'm back, and I can officially confirm that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
..TI F*CKING ROCKS!!!!

Awesome job Ben.
Old 25.01.2005, 11:27 PM
Pro
Pro

Nice Work Ben,

Will be a while before I get to play with one seeing as you guys don't have a decent distributer in NZ. (They were trying to sell me a Virus B desktop for $3500NZD (1,918 Euros) only 4 months ago).

But can't wait to play with one regardless.