Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.01.2005, 08:01 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingPoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by blay

havent changed my mind HC - just not appreciating comments like
Quote:
Pay no attention to the whinging no-marks on certain forums
from certain access employees.....
how can you criticise people for complaining about (at least) a three month delay?
Amen.
The demo sounds fantastic but lobbing insults at potential customers is a pretty stupid business move.
I didn't aim this comment at anyone on this forum - I was specifically referring to some posts I'd read elsewhere which were saying that the demo sounded thin, and no different to the C etc.

It certainly shouldn't be considered as coming from Access themselves, as I am not an employee - I guess I might have shown a little more restraint, but hey
Old 26.01.2005, 08:15 AM
This forum member lives here

Well ive owned a Virus KC for over a year and I KNOW in my mind that 1 hypersaw oscilator on the TI is fatter than:

Using all oscilators+subs+UnisonMode 8 on existing virus'

Personally I think the hyper saw rocks when u minimise the detune spread....fucking great sound from a VA.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 26.01.2005, 08:18 AM

Oh and btw.......i appreciate the fact that Ben posts here. He doesnt have to.....but its def nice he does....he always provides good insight....jammy bastard hehehehe

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 26.01.2005, 08:22 AM

Ben i have a question. Does the 24bit/192khz make any discernable difference to the aliasing?

DS

Old 26.01.2005, 08:22 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Well ive owned a Virus KC for over a year and I KNOW in my mind that 1 hypersaw oscilator on the TI is fatter than:

Using all oscilators+subs+UnisonMode 8 on existing virus'

Personally I think the hyper saw rocks when u minimise the detune spread....fucking great sound from a VA.

DS
You've hit the nail on the head, DS - the sound of the HS osc is way better than can be achieved by stacking up the C's oscillators. It's very analogue-sounding, IMO.
Old 26.01.2005, 08:29 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Ben i have a question. Does the 24bit/192khz make any discernable difference to the aliasing?

DS
The original virus oscillators still sound the same as they ever did, and so they should really, otherwise they wouldn't be backwards compatible. However, the HyperSaw doesn't seem to alias at all, and the pure sine wave in Wavetable 0 is completely alias-free.
Old 26.01.2005, 11:38 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
im not quoting anyone here, but i believe marc stated that it would be possible to implement up to four stereo busses in future OS
Yeah, that was me.
I posted an Interview with Marc Schlaile from Access that was in German Keys from January in another Thread.

@Ben : Great Video! Do you have more (Vids or MP3?s?)
Old 26.01.2005, 01:11 PM
Veteran
Veteran

From one of Marc's posts to the access mail list...

'the bandwidth allows 8 mono (4 stereo) @16bit/48k or 6 mono @24bit.
other configs are possible but not planned for the initial 1.0 release. the Virus Control does receive the audio streams from the Virus in a proprietary protocol. this allows us to use the VC in parallel to a ASIO/Core Audio driver which is a big plus (if we wouldn't do this you couldn't stream parts from the virus into the remote and use an existing audio interface).'

So I guess depending on what sample/bit rate the host sequencer is running depends on how many outputs you can have? Or will it be configurable from the virus hardware/software?

Another question is does the audio outputs that are going through the usb line go through the D/A convertors to convert the outputs to whatever the host sequencer is running at? Again if not I guess you will be able to configure this through the hard/software? Or will it just auto-detect and change accordingly?

All confusing stuff

ten
Old 26.01.2005, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Another question is does the audio outputs that are going through the usb line go through the D/A convertors to convert the outputs to whatever the host sequencer is running at?
Theres no D/A stage using USB, however, there will be sample rate conversion (192k->whatever) and/or dithering if your sequencer is running at 16bit

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 26.01.2005, 03:23 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Really nice demo.
Hypersaw sounds so good that I'll probably end up selling my jp8080(I liked the supersaw).

I really hope the wavetable section will be expanded and people get creative with it, because this opens incredible new sounds to the already, more than impressive Virus series.

All in all, I'm really satisfied, just wish I kept my KC for a few months before selling it! lol I'm mostly stuck with vsts now, which are fine but are eating my cpu!