Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.01.2005, 11:23 PM
Pro
Pro

Default This topic has been hijacked by Meat Gazers!

I wonder if Access could make that programmable arpeggiator a piece of standalone software that we could use to program arps for other models of virus and include in an OS update a Arp record function to then send the midi into the synth?

Does this make sense to anyone?

To me, it doesn't seem like it would be a difficult thing to do and I personally find the arpeggiator in my virus one of its more limited features, for example, my humble SH32 allows twice as many patterns, with all kinds of variations and step or real time input for user arps.
Old 27.01.2005, 12:34 AM
This forum member lives here

I'm guessing they probably will make a programmable arp, but I'm hoping they try to fit the new OSCs in the VC instead - at least the hypersaw.

If they did make a programmable arp, I'm guessing it would have to be software based too. I get sick of looking at a screen!!!! No computer editors please.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 27.01.2005, 04:49 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Boys, sorry to burst you're bubble. But if you really believe you're going to get new oscs, programmable arp OR the hypersaw on the C, you're seriously mistaken. The most you can expect is a couple of filters or some fixes or whatever. They are seriously NOT going to design software for the C.

I think you have to just accept if you want ANY of the TIs new features you simply have to bite the bullet and buy one. Just think, youve all had a good run with the C now, its done its job and earnt its money many times over. Now access are focused on the TI and want people to spend on that to get the features they have spent years working on and im sure millions of pounds researching. Any updates to the C will be something very minimal from now on any thinking otherwise is slightly ludicrous

ten
Old 27.01.2005, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
The most you can expect is a couple of filters or some fixes or whatever. They are seriously NOT going to design software for the C.
Mmm, some new filters with new saturation stages would be nice. But knowing what Access are capable of, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they created something new for the C - just look at the B series.

Quote:
I think you have to just accept if you want ANY of the TIs new features you simply have to bite the bullet and buy one. Just think, youve all had a good run with the C now, its done its job and earnt its money many times over.
Buying a TI just simply isn't gunna happen for me. Can't afford it and even if I could, I couldn't justify spending the money. Got the "virus sound" already after all.

Quote:
Now access are focused on the TI and want people to spend on that to get the features they have spent years working on and im sure millions of pounds researching. Any updates to the C will be something very minimal from now on any thinking otherwise is slightly ludicrous ;
ten
I'm guessing updates would be minimal too, but I still hope there will be some. Juts squeezing the Hypersaw wouldn't take alot of space - especially if they get rid of that Vocoda.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 27.01.2005, 06:38 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Any updates to the C will be something very minimal from now on any thinking otherwise is slightly ludicrous

ten
Who are you to call peoples wishes for updates ludicrous? Or decide what updates will happen? There's a harsh smell of arrogance and ..malicious pleasure here.

I don't think you've owned an access synthesizer. You obviously don't own a C.
Old 27.01.2005, 07:24 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Im not being arrogant, im being realistic my friend. Im not deciding what will happen, its totally my opinion, but do you seriously believe access is going to implement any of the TI features to the C ? ...... really?

Again, im not taking pleasure here, I would totally love it if all the C people could upgrade thier synth to the TI or whatever. But you have to put it into perspective and realisim. Whoever bought the C bought it for what it was, not what it might be 3 years down the line. They have had a very good run and I would hope enjoyable experience with it. There were no gaurentees you would get extra features for ages to come, everything has its life-span.

Access are like any other company, out to make the most amount of money they can from thier products. Throwing money at r/d to implement new features on legacy or discontinued products that are going to be on thier new flagship products will make them no money whatsoever, which is obviously bad for any business

I actually owned the virus powercore, which was ok. As soon as the TI was announced I sold it and some other gear because I wanted the TI. Instead of expecting the virus powercore to be updated (which I mght add is still a current access product, not a discountined one like the C) I was realistic, knew the score and sold up. Yea I lost some money in the process but thats the price you pay to get the best and I accept that. If you want the same you will have to do the same I'am afraid.

Believe me, I would love to see some great updates for the C. But its not going to happen, you can dream about it and bleet on here all day long, but im telling you, it will not happen (opinion)

ten
Old 27.01.2005, 11:27 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

i do think access will alow you to upgrade your C into a polar desktop.
for around 400-500 dollars
like then did with rack clasic and rack xl.
but then again maybe its not possible because of usb.
Old 27.01.2005, 11:36 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
i do think access will alow you to upgrade your C into a polar desktop.
for around 400-500 dollars
like then did with rack clasic and rack xl.
but then again maybe its not possible because of usb.
No way. The Rack Classic could only be upgraded to an XL because they shared identical housing, and the upgrade path was part of the original design. There is no way to upgrade a C to a TI, except via the traditional methods (i.e. ebay).
Old 27.01.2005, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Plus the TI has two DSPs, as opposed to one.
Old 27.01.2005, 01:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

so it might cost some more to upgrade