Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.10.2006, 01:14 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default reKon audio Releases VST Virus C Editor

reKon audio? today, announces the release of their VST Virus C Editor 1.1 for Mac and PC. The VST Virus C Editor offers advanced control of the Access Virus? A, B, C, Indigo I & II, Classic, Rack and Rack XL synthesizers. Complete with a stunning GUI that emulates the Virus C. Please the product page for more info.

For more information about the VST Virus Editor please visit the rekon audio ? web site at: http://www.rekonaudio.com.

This editor WILL WORK on the Access Virus A, B, C, Indigo I & II, Rack, Rack XL and Classic models.[/b]

Old 22.10.2006, 07:43 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

FREAKIN GREAT WOOOOHHHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!

yes i've been waiting for over a year for this day yes!!!
Old 22.10.2006, 09:00 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Is there a demo version available?

R
Old 22.10.2006, 11:34 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Is there a demo version available?

No demo available yet, but you are welcome to try the VST Pulse Editor Demo for free. If that works (i.e. loads and sends midi data out of it), then this one will work fine too.

Thanks,
reKon audio
Old 22.10.2006, 12:13 PM
This forum member lives here

Great news!

Can you tell us why we should pick your product over the Vyzor editor?

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the two products? I see that the Psicraft Vyzor Virus will soon allow editing of Multis. Is this possible with the Rekon editor?

I guess for only USD$50 each, I can always buy both...

Jase

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 22.10.2006, 12:16 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

vyzor is not out yet for starters
Old 22.10.2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.e
vyzor is not out yet for starters
Smart arse!!!!

Well of course not....but it will be (I hope)

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 22.10.2006, 01:03 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

1. About Multi Support... Vyzor makes the statement that Multis will work in their product. This will be a difficult task for them achieve in a VST host app for the reasons below. If it's a standalone solution, then who cares? We've been doing that for years now with sysex apps.

All Multi communication gets handled via sysex data [page C], (not CC or CP messages). While it is not a problem building a VST to send the sysex data, the problem is in finding a VST host that supports sysex from a VST. There are only two ATM for PC (VST Host and possibly Cubase SX3) that support this. So, this is why there is not much development in the sysex area for the reKon audio VST's. I am not sure why Vyzor has not mentioned this hard learned fact, but it will be a hurdle. As a VST developer, I know the obstacles involved. It appears they may not.

2. It's already available from reKon audio in Mac and PC format and works on ALL Virus machines (not TI, of course).

3. It's half the price of the Vyzor product.

4. [edited out in the interests of fairness. Potential customers themselves can decide if it "looks better" - or not - than another competing product. ~ Timo]

5. Excellent support from an industry provider of MIDI plugins.

6. You can visually see every parameter of patch in the reKon product.

7. Do you really need more reasons? Once you use it, you will definately see the value it returns and why it's a smarter way to work with your patches right inside your sequencer host (i.e. along with your music).

Cheers,
lanrosta - reKon audio

Last edited by Timo : 05.02.2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 22.10.2006, 02:41 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

i have 1 question...if I buy this and I install it on my pc as a vst ...can I later when I buy my mac pro switch the plugin onto there as audio unit with the same license?

when will audio unit support be out?
Old 22.10.2006, 03:25 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanrosta
4. It looks better than the Vyzor product. Indigo skin coming soon too!
Sorry, wouldnt agree with that at all. Far to much info on the one screen. Its hard to find specific areas/knobs quickly, the read outs are to small so you have to get right up to the screen to read stuff (not good for daw people who are sitting in the sweet spot of thier speaker monitors 3ft+ away), it takes up to much of the screen so you would have to keep moving it or closing it which is a pain in the arse and it generally looks un-appealing to use (over-complicated.)

One of the major plus points of a software editor IS the ease of use GUI, and this is not. I commend you for an excellet piece of software (if it works It will really be an asset to the previous version virus owners, but the Vyzor version wins hands down on presentation and graphics.

I would rethink doing multi-panels like the vyzor (and the TI virus control) for the next version, maybe even have the choice of a single panel or multi panels.....it would make it a MUCH better product (and competitive with vyzor.)

ten