Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.10.2006, 05:12 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.e
i have 1 question...if I buy this and I install it on my pc as a vst ...can I later when I buy my mac pro switch the plugin onto there as audio unit with the same license?

when will audio unit support be out?
No, you must pay for a PC or Mac version (Single License use only). AU version may come out in the future. Not sure yet.

Thanks,
lanrosta
Old 22.10.2006, 05:23 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

larosta: too bad audio unit dosn't get the same priority.

hey don't you need midi quest to run that virus vyzor?
Old 22.10.2006, 05:25 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Vyzor version wins hands down on presentation and graphics
I find this laughable. Just look at their knobs man? Really crappy knobs! Also, if you are content with scrolling through pages to find your params, then, what's the point of an editor? the synth can already do this.

If you're standing three feet away from your PC, then no editor will even be of use anyway, I mean, you're not actually at the PC using it?

(over-complicated)?
Well, the Virus is a complicated synth with over 170 controls.... It should look complicated... What, does it intimidate you?

Multi panels are used for the Delay/Reverb section ATM because they are modal. It's simple to integrate multi pages in the VST, but I prefer offering ALL controls right up front for visual comparisons between patches.

Visual appearance is always an opinionated topic. No offense ten, but I think you need glasses.

lanrosta

[Edit. The thread is an advert, which already infringes the rules, but it's relevant so therefore at least try to remain impersonal. People will decide if - or not, as the case may be - they need glasses, or if another competing product has "crappy knobs", etc.. Stick to facts, not slagging off other's products or harassing potential customers while on this forum! ~ Timo (Apologies for the late response).]

Last edited by Timo : 05.02.2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 22.10.2006, 05:43 PM
New here
New here

you could always make it optional, lanrosta. telling customers they need glasses is no way to sell a product, btw

can we have a demo please?
Old 22.10.2006, 05:51 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
telling customers they need glasses is no way to sell a product, btw
Oh, I know. He was speculating, and I don't think he wants it anyways, which is by all means ok. I have an opinion too. I did state 'No offense', so don't take it personally ten. Our two cents just happen to be different coins.

lanrosta
Old 22.10.2006, 05:52 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Well, you're going to sell a lot with that attitude pal. YOU listen to what your customers want, YOU dont tell them how they should alter thier work methods to fit your shitty product.

And you even have to resort to slagging off a competitors product. Sad dude, very sad indeed. I had some moderate respect for you with this slightly original and innovative product. Now I hope you make no money from it

[Edit. No mention of warez here, thnx. ~ Timo]

ten

Last edited by Timo : 05.02.2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 22.10.2006, 05:55 PM
New here
New here

can we please keep this on topic, guys? i'm really interested in the vst, and i'd prefer it if this thread stayed informative, rathen than became a flame war.

another question, if i open (say) 5 instances of the vst, can i control, that way, a multi?
Old 22.10.2006, 06:09 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanrosta
I find this laughable. Just look at their knobs man? Really crappy knobs! Also, if you are content with scrolling through pages to find your params, then, what's the point of an editor? the synth can already do this.
lanrosta
The TI Vcontrol and powercore Virus are exactly like this, you dont see ANYONE asking for all the options/params on one page, you seem to be alone with this thought (or to lazy to implment it.)

Quote:
If you're standing three feet away from your PC, then no editor will even be of use anyway, I mean, you're not actually at the PC using it?
lanrosta
I sit 3-4ft from my PC in the sweet spot of my monitors (like 99% of daw users) and I can see everything perfectly. Wouldnt be able to read shit though on your poorly thought out plug with "crappy knobs."

Quote:
(over-complicated)?
Well, the Virus is a complicated synth with over 170 controls.... It should look complicated... What, does it intimidate you?
lanrosta
Why complicate something that can be simple? No one wants to make something harder than it needs be. Im aware the virus is a complex synth, thats why Access breaks it down into the relevant sections on different pages. Something you seem to have trouble understanding.

Quote:
Multi panels are used for the Delay/Reverb section ATM because they are modal. It's simple to integrate multi pages in the VST, but I prefer offering ALL controls right up front for visual comparisons between patches.
lanrosta
Well, did you make the editor purely for yourself? No, I am sure I will not be the only one complaining about this editors gui, layout, poor though-out size/read outs.

Quote:
Visual appearance is always an opinionated topic.
lanrosta
Exactly, and the opinions of the people who will be buying this are the important ones.....worth taking notes boy.

ten
Old 22.10.2006, 06:11 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Why should I respond to this type of behavior?

Dude, I said "No offense". Get over yourself ten.

First off, you're NOT a customer... so I'm neither telling you what you should do...and now that i know what you're like, listening to YOU any longer. I may have been blunt in my previous post (no more so than you were), but now you are just terribly RUDE!

The editor will stand on it's own merit. I think people will be able to guage the quality of your character and opinions on this board by your last posts ten.

Peace,
lanrosta
Old 22.10.2006, 06:26 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Your editor has no merits compared to the Vyzor one, apart from the fact it is available now (but probably doesnt work anyway.) I could of been a customer as I have a virus C in another studio but you'll be glad I wont be purchasing your editor (if I did I would surely pass it around the net for free anyway.)

The people of this forum know my charecter very well already, they wont be shocked or suprised. And seeing as YOU'RE the newbie around here (and trying to tout some half-asses product) I should worry about how you come across in future pal

ten