Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 11.05.2009, 03:14 PM
New here
New here

Default Live 7 and Virus Snow or TI? Do you have midi timing issues?

Oops: can a mod move this to the 'Trouble' sub-forum?

I am using the latest version of Live 7 with the latest OS3 Virus VC software on macbook (latest model). I have no problems with the plug in, while I have the tracks armed, I get pretty much zero latency. When I go to record midi in a clip, all the recorded notes are delayed by quite a bit.

I have tried enabling the 'live' button in the VC interface, and I end up with notes the end up earlier than what I recorded.

The only thing that works well is if I open up another midi track in LIVE with the VC vst in an existing midi track, and set up an external midi device that points to the VC VST. Only then do I get perfect midi timing. HOWEVER, that only works for the first track. On the 2nd midi track I open and create an extrnal midi device for, and point it to the VSTi track, The timing is also delayed by a lot.

Does anyone use the VC VSTi successfully without any timing issues? How are you doing it?

I have even played around with midi delays in LIVE, but the delay amount seems to keep changing per midi channel part, and is a headache to keep track of.
Old 24.07.2009, 12:14 PM
Newborn
Newborn

I just registered on infekted.org so it's a late reply to this thread - but hopefully a useful one.

I've used Live 7 on a G5 PowerMac, and now Live 8 on a MacBook, together with a TI Snow. v3.0.3 software, OS 10.5.7. I experience this exact problem on both setups. My solution is to disable Ableton's Delay Compensation (Options menu) during MIDI recording to the TI - then I get pretty accurate timing. Playback timing is never an issue, regardless of whether Delay Compensation is enabled or not.

I'll shoot off some emails to both Access and Ableton - let's see who blames the other first...
Old 25.07.2009, 12:44 AM
This forum member lives here

Recently switching to Ableton from Cubase I can tell you that with the way I use midi, the timing isn't overly flash at all in Live.

I can bypass the computer with a good old fashioned midi router in my setup, so testing between Ableton's midi by ear is easy. In ableton, even just when playing, there is a very slight delay that you can feel (almost like the difference with 5ms of vs 15 or 20ms of audio latency). If I play from my controller through the old fashioned midi router box I have, I can not feel any lag or latency. Cubase wasn't like this at all.

I don't stick up for Access much at all, but in this case I'd say its live.

EDIT: I should say that this is only with using my hardware synths and samplers etc. Not easy to bypass the computer when using software synths etc.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 25.07.2009, 03:35 AM

hey all, I recently lost my main daw to a lightning strike so had to rebuild from scratch. decided to do a test and run live 8 and the Virus TI 3.0.3 on Windows 7 RC and believe it or not, the midi timing is spot on! Prior to the computer being fried, i was running Live 7 and the TI 2.7.5 on XP and don't recall having midi timing issues on that as well.
Old 12.08.2009, 09:14 AM
New here
New here

Angry Latency at High Sample Rates (88.2 or 96)

I am experiencing the same exact problems you guys are describing. I have tried several different OS's and still the latency remains in Cubase 5, Nuendo 4, and Ableton 8. Has anyone resolved this issue? Please advise. It is especially noticeable when I am running an arpeggiator. Off my milliseconds.

Thanks
Old 12.08.2009, 10:10 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorganla View Post
I am experiencing the same exact problems you guys are describing. I have tried several different OS's and still the latency remains in Cubase 5, Nuendo 4, and Ableton 8. Has anyone resolved this issue? Please advise. It is especially noticeable when I am running an arpeggiator. Off my milliseconds.

Thanks
Try turning your buffer size down on your ASIO drivers. If you have it too high the virus can't sync up right.
Old 12.08.2009, 10:58 PM
New here
New here

Tried this along with a dozen other things...Seems like it's a known issue from reading the posts in here. Unbelievable.
Old 12.08.2009, 11:28 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorganla View Post
Tried this along with a dozen other things...Seems like it's a known issue from reading the posts in here. Unbelievable.
What buffer size are you running at right now?
Old 13.08.2009, 02:28 AM
New here
New here

256. I have tried 64,128,256,512,1024. They all result in latency.
Old 17.08.2009, 03:21 PM
New here
New here

Hmm well I'm running Ableton 7.0.16 and I'm having no latency issues. Just ran 5 channels worth and the midi was spot on. I'll check my settings when I get home from work tonight. Runs fine on both my Vista 32 and OSX 10.5.x. My VirusTI OS is the latest build.

Just saw the sample rate being used. I'm not using a high sample rate though, just 24bit 44.1. I'll try going to 88.2 and 96 tonight to see if it throws it off. I input the VirusTI VST in one midi track, create x amount of Midi tracks that I'll need and direct the Midi In on each Midi track to the VirusTI VST and select my channel of choice.

Last edited by kgibs0n : 17.08.2009 at 08:53 PM.