Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.06.2009, 10:10 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
I was replying to the original poster of the thread who DID NOT specify which platform he/she uses. Put the crack pipe down & learn to read.
Sending some love to Key West.
Old 10.06.2009, 12:26 AM
New here
New here

Wow guys, I didn't mean to touch off a firestorm with my first ever post in the forum! Sorry about that!

I believe what I am hearing is that if you use the TI2 stand-alone or with a known supported configuration, you should have a pretty good chance of success using the latest 3.0.3 release. Since there is a support team who obviously works on bug fixes regularly, and I see there is vendor support here in the forums, I will go ahead with my TI2 keyboard purchase...

Beer!
Dave
Old 10.06.2009, 04:22 AM
aTISHooo!
I am starting to like this forum

Quote:
I was replying to the original poster of the thread who DID NOT specify which platform he/she uses. Put the crack pipe down & learn to read.
Stop being agressive you two, you did state that Access said do not use OS3 in a productive environment which they dont,
the changelog says "The VST3 version shouldn't be used in a productive environment".

IMO, it's a mistake to include an unfinished driver in a full release, maybe Access will take note that some people will misunderstand changelogs even with clear wording.
Old 10.06.2009, 06:51 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos View Post
Stop being agressive you two, you did state that Access said do not use OS3 in a productive environment which they dont,
the changelog says "The VST3 version shouldn't be used in a productive environment".

IMO, it's a mistake to include an unfinished driver in a full release, maybe Access will take note that some people will misunderstand changelogs even with clear wording.
Do not use or should not be used...hhhmmmm, not a lot of difference there, unless you are in a court of law ; (
To the original poster of this thread, dont worry about it & yes, I would buy this synth, its sound is worth all the hassle, otherwise I would not be on this forum ; )
Old 10.06.2009, 07:24 AM
aTISHooo!

Quote:
Do not use or should not be used...hhhmmmm, not a lot of difference there, unless you are in a court of law ; (
To the original poster of this thread, dont worry about it & yes, I would buy this synth, its sound is worth all the hassle, otherwise I would not be on this forum ; )
Berni, it says VST3, read.. VST version 3. Not TIOS v3.
TIOS v3 is stable, VST3 version is not, it has been clearly stated in the changelog and 3 times here.

As I said in my previous post Access shouldn't add a beta driver to a full release it confuses *some* people.
Old 10.06.2009, 08:14 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
regarding VST3: the reason is not stability, it is a certain aspect of the way VST3 handles automation. there might be a change (depending on when steinberg will adjust something specific in cubase) and that change _might_ render automation lanes created today incompatible.
though there is always room for improvement i cannot see anything wrong with the change log here. it says that one shouldn't use it in a productive environment and that's exactly how it is.

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 10.06.2009, 08:21 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Berni, it says VST3, read.. VST version 3. Not TIOS v3.
TIOS v3 is stable, VST3 version is not, it has been clearly stated in the changelog and 3 times here.

As I said in my previous post Access shouldn't add a beta driver to a full release it confuses *some* people.
I was just replying to the original poster off the top of my head what the blurb was on the Access web site...did not know I had to be word perfect FFS. As for V3 being stable..............dream on.
Old 10.06.2009, 11:42 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
I was just replying to the original poster off the top of my head what the blurb was on the Access web site...did not know I had to be word perfect FFS. As for V3 being stable..............dream on.
3.0.3 is quite stable on my system. Live 7.0.15 XP sp3.
Old 10.06.2009, 01:49 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Don't feed the troll. He is clearly a rain cloud.
Old 10.06.2009, 02:38 PM
aTISHooo!

Thanks for the info Marc, very interesting to hear the reasoning behind the scenes as always.
Sounds like Access is thinking of Extensibility as per usual, it's fantastic that Access has such a strong set of self imposed rules regarding new features and updates.
I for one appreciate all the new features, since I bought my TI the range of timbres has expanded quite a lot, and the stability is now 99% for me.

To the OP, my opinion is that the TI is stable enough for live use, I know plenty who use it on stage.
People complain because they want the newest TIOS and it may have 1 small bug that doesn't actually stop them working, but they act as if it does.
So rather than use the previous TIOS version and get creative, they complain on the internets.