Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.04.2010, 03:09 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default OS 5 feature requests

Hello all infekted users.

I start a new thread on Access website concerning feature requests which I would like to see next year inside OS5 update:

Filter 2 Analog Mode with 4 poles HPF for recreating MS-20 & Voyager patches on Virus

New possibilities of filters routing:
to have the possibility of choosing which Oscillator goes in which filter (Split +)
the current Split mode is limited
to have the possibility of choosing SAT after the 2 Filters

A notepad in the COMMON section for writing patches comment.

Osc 1, 2 & 3 fine detune +/- 50 cents

A third multipoint envelope with a loop mode

All Osc as source of MATRIX (in particular Noise)

Faster Lfos, they are digital...

ARP glide like TB-303

I propose that all the people interested by this list of feature go to Access website and votes so that they are taken into account by Access.
Old 13.04.2010, 08:26 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Access could offer a sample option (playback only, we all already have samplers) in the form of a USB external box that can be connected to any TI synth. Then the software could do VA/sample interaction synthesis Alchemy-style, but with the kind of quality and precision we expect from Access. 2gb of non-volatile RAM should be plenty. At $249 (the price of Alchemy) it would sell like hotcakes and Access would still make a handsome profit. Of course the TI3 should then be released with a built-in sample option and many people would dump their TI's and TI2's to buy that.

Does it sound too crazy?
Old 17.04.2010, 12:13 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Nobody interested by these feature ???
Old 17.04.2010, 06:40 PM
Pro
Pro

yes i'm interested...

hey u mentioned using the oscillators as a source in the matrix...
how does that work ?? are u saying using the oscillator shapes as LFO ??
could you explain...

i would love to have more envelopes.....i would love to see some sort of tension implemented in the envelopes...curves instead of straight lines....

filter routing options...

effect routing options

sample playback

all those features u have mentioned...

i was just wondering though....is there gonna be a next OS for the TI 1 range ??
or is the next update gonna be for new Virus synths ??
Old 19.04.2010, 09:07 AM
New here
New here

Default FR

My FR would be a standalone mode of the VST so only MIDI connection would be required...
Old 20.04.2010, 02:07 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by boka View Post
My FR would be a standalone mode of the VST so only MIDI connection would be required...
You can already do that. Make an executable of the VST with Savihost:

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm
Old 20.04.2010, 06:15 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPi View Post
You can already do that. Make an executable of the VST with Savihost:

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm
Hello PaPi! The thing is that I had already tried that but I keep receiving an error message sg. like " press start and stop " it's in a red rectangle in the status bar on the bottom. So I just cant use it... Have you had such prblem?

Thanks!
Old 20.04.2010, 08:14 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Hello PaPi! The thing is that I had already tried that but I keep receiving an error message sg. like " press start and stop " it's in a red rectangle in the status bar on the bottom. So I just cant use it... Have you had such prblem?

Thanks!
Works like a charm here. The only thing is that I had to install the 32-bit version besides the x64 VST in my DAW, because Savihost won't work in 64-bit. Maybe you're trying to wrap the x64 VST into Savihost?
Old 20.04.2010, 08:56 AM
New here
New here

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPi View Post
Works like a charm here. The only thing is that I had to install the 32-bit version besides the x64 VST in my DAW, because Savihost won't work in 64-bit. Maybe you're trying to wrap the x64 VST into Savihost?
Hello! I'm not sure if it is ther 32/64 bit I'm trying to load into Savihost. I've got only one dll installed. How could I make sure which of them I have? If I managed to get it work Is it going to be what I've been wanting so just the plugin communicates w/ the TI over midi and all the audio can come in/out using either the Analog or Spdif in/outs ?

Thanks for your help!

boka
Old 20.04.2010, 09:17 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Hello! I'm not sure if it is ther 32/64 bit I'm trying to load into Savihost. I've got only one dll installed. How could I make sure which of them I have? If I managed to get it work Is it going to be what I've been wanting so just the plugin communicates w/ the TI over midi and all the audio can come in/out using either the Analog or Spdif in/outs ?

Thanks for your help!

boka
Well, if you're using a 64-bit OS and a 64-bit DAW, chances are you have the 64-bit VST installed. If either your OS or your DAW isn't 64-bit, then in order to work the VST must be 32-bit.
In case you have the 64-bit VST installed, install the 32-bit VST into a DIFFERENT folder, possibly outside your DAW's application and plugin folders, to avoid any possible confusion. Then copy savihost into the same folder containing the .dll file and rename it EXACTLY like the VST (without the .dll extension, of course.) Then make an alias of the application and place it wherever you want.
If it still isn't clear, give me the full specs of your machine (including OS, DAW etc.) and I'll try to figure it out.