Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 23.05.2013, 03:35 PM
New here
New here

Default Noob alert

ok, so I just got my TI 2 polar in last week. I try to read manuals as thorough as possible, but between work, a 16 month old baby, getting ready for another baby in a couple weeks, a weekly DJ gig, and a really bad case of ADHD (nearly debilitating when it comes to reading), I don't get the most solid reads in.
I've registered, and DL'd virus control center and at the moment, I'm syncing patches within ableton. Primarily, I use maschine, and don't use ableton, but started it just in hopes of initializing the TI software. My question is if there is a way to mess around with the TI software in a stand alone mode. Sometimes, I have my laptop in bed, and wouldn't mind getting to know the software side of my virus. Is this possible? Where would I go to start it up?
Old 23.05.2013, 05:58 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobi View Post
ok, so I just got my TI 2 polar in last week. I try to read manuals as thorough as possible, but between work, a 16 month old baby, getting ready for another baby in a couple weeks, a weekly DJ gig, and a really bad case of ADHD (nearly debilitating when it comes to reading), I don't get the most solid reads in.
I've registered, and DL'd virus control center and at the moment, I'm syncing patches within ableton. Primarily, I use maschine, and don't use ableton, but started it just in hopes of initializing the TI software. My question is if there is a way to mess around with the TI software in a stand alone mode. Sometimes, I have my laptop in bed, and wouldn't mind getting to know the software side of my virus. Is this possible? Where would I go to start it up?
Nope the TI software does not work stand alone only in host software like Live & will work in Maschine's software as a plug-in. The virus control center is the only software that works stand alone.
Old 23.05.2013, 07:38 PM
New here
New here

ah, ok. Guess I'll head over to the NI forums and ask about how to start it up there... unless anyone around these parts can help clue me in.
Old 23.05.2013, 08:45 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
ah, ok. Guess I'll head over to the NI forums and ask about how to start it up there... unless anyone around these parts can help clue me in.
erm...I just did, you cant use it standalone or without the synthesizer as it wont make any sound without it Lol. RTFM.
Old 23.05.2013, 10:46 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
erm...I just did, you cant use it standalone or without the synthesizer as it wont make any sound without it Lol. RTFM.
Sorry... I was referencing starting up the virus VST inside maschine. not anything you mentioned in your other post. As for RTFM, please see my first post.
Old 23.05.2013, 11:14 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Sorry... I was referencing starting up the virus VST inside maschine. not anything you mentioned in your other post. As for RTFM, please see my first post.
I really don't go out of my way to try to be an ass, but a lot of people are going to have a big problem believing that you have a disability that precludes you from reading the manual, while simultaneously affording you the ability to read individual posts that are customized for you.

ADD/ADHD has become an excuse for too many things, but even at its worst it does not prevent reading, it actually makes the act of reading more focused and concentrated when you properly control your environment. If you're being distracted while reading, lock yourself in a room and pipe white noise over noise-cancelling headphones. A lot of people are easily distracted, myself included, even if I'm not "officially" an ADD case, sometimes I just want to maintain momentum without hearing someone else's music, or screaming kids or whatever. But my god, I would never try to convince someone that I have some medical reason why answers that are easily available elsewhere must be spoon fed to me personally or I can't grasp them, because I'm unable to use a search engine or read it any other way.

It just really bothers me to think that everyone with an aversion to reading would come here and, one-at-a-time, person-by-person, submit questions along the road to understanding a deep instrument like the Virus because its more convenient for them.
Old 23.05.2013, 11:37 PM
New here
New here

Thanks for the info and sorry again... As my first post indicates, I was wasn't aware if the TI VST worked in a standalone mode, and was a bit confused. That was my initial question. As for what I'm looking for now, the manual doesn't have any info on it, as the manual doesn't list Maschine as one of the supported sequencers/hosts/programs.
Old 23.05.2013, 11:45 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Well referencing your first post as using the maschine primarily, the TI plug-in works like any other plug-in you use with it. Not sure what your problem is but I give up already.
Old 23.05.2013, 11:53 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info and sorry again... As my first post indicates, I was wasn't aware if the TI VST worked in a standalone mode, and was a bit confused. That was my initial question. As for what I'm looking for now, the manual doesn't have any info on it, as the manual doesn't list Maschine as one of the supported sequencers/hosts/programs.
No problem man, the manual is so out of date it is not funny. My experience is that virus control works better in Maschine than both my other DAW's (Live & Protools) even though it is not officially supported. Access are not quick on updates, if at all.
Old 24.05.2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
My apologies, I somehow read something different in your post. Maybe ADD affecting my head? lol