Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 23.03.2014, 09:11 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimney chop View Post
I remember reading this somewhere, just can't remember where or when.

Tweak, do you know?
It was stated by Marc, who works at Access.

I definitely agree the Virus hardware is a serious advantage over a laptop when playing live, and hardware wise the Virus has little competition. But given the change in technology and features from the software/VSTi stables these last few years, it would be great to see the Virus offer further rebuttals to the VSTi world in terms of more oscillator and sound engine features. That said, many just want to see the TI aspect working solidly with their system, although it seems to be mostly stable for people thesedays, more than ever before? The Total Integration aspect always was going to be a tall order. I wonder what features they could've implemented had it not been for TI. But then we'd still be using SoundDiver (like me, which is not that great)!

It could be further from the truth if they're beavering away unbeknown to us, but it does appear from an external viewpoint that Access are resting and riding on the coat-tails a little this last year or two. No new features or high-profile presence since two years ago when OS v5 was announced (and then released a year later).

Can only think of two scenarios. 1) the TI|2 will keep on being developed but attention has turned indefinitely toward Kemper Amps for the time being, or 2) updates are ending for the TI2 and any new features that are being developed will be put toward a TI3, but not in the near future, as per Marc's quote.

Given Chris Kemper's high rate of activity on the Kemper Amp forums (username ckemper) - oddly never seen him even on the official Virus Forums(?) - I'm erring toward the former. But ever hopeful of the latter.

We're no further forward, really. All speculation.

Back on topic, just found significantly better prices for the TI|2 in the UK @ Millennium Music.

http://www.millennium-music.co.uk/ke...esizers/access

TI2 Destkop: £1,436 ($2,367)
Polar TI2: £1,918 ($3,161)
TI2 Kbd: £1,950 ($3,214)

Over a hundred quid cheaper than Digital Village (www.dv247.com). Thought Digital Village had Virus monopoly in the UK after Turnkey went down, but seems a lot of music-tech retailers can get hold of them now.

For what it's worth, MBTC, to my knowledge I don't think Amazon UK ever stocked or out-sourced Viruses.
Old 24.03.2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
For what it's worth, MBTC, to my knowledge I don't think Amazon UK ever stocked or out-sourced Viruses.
The ones I saw on Amazon US were not stocked by Amazon, it was an Access store presence on Amazon.

Amazon is set up so that pretty much anyone can create their own store presence there pretty easily. I bought my Ultranova and a lot of other gear the same way, direct from manufacturer but through Amazon. The main reason I buy there when I can is because I've got an Amazon credit card, so I get 3% back on purchase made through Amazon vs. 1% anywhere else, and of course the credit can be applied directly toward more Amazon purchases. So basically if I bought a new Virus it would be about $100 bucks off, plus free two day shipping assuming it was prime membership eligible. Also manufacturers listed there will not fuck with Amazon if it comes to any sort of dispute because they care about their relationship with them and they are hugely important to their business. If Amazon is not in the middle of things, a company (particularly one operating in another country) could potentially disregard a complaining customer as just another face in the crowd. But Amazon is an important distribution channel, and they also understand the power of user reviews on Amazon so nobody that I've seen there yet dares to do anything but provide excellent service. I order tons of shit through Amazon including non-perishable groceries. The discounts and credit card points are too good to pass up.