Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 30.12.2008, 10:17 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default Is the TI 2 Imminent?

Hi guys,

Just been mulling it over. I wonder when a new Virus is gonna appear. I mean the TI has been out since 05 hasn't it... I'm sure someone knows here, doubt they'll say. But then I thought, the TI OS is still awaiting the USB side-chain input for Atomizer, would Access still release this and then release a brand new machine. Ohh speculation!
Old 30.12.2008, 02:12 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Currently I have seen no signs suggesting a TI mk2 is imminent, other than the length of time the TI mk1 has been the 'flagship', which as you say is since 2005 (actually the Virus C was discontinued in 2004, but the roll-out of the TI was a long period). That said, Access have tended to release synths every 4 years, but the TI has had (and will continue to have) great longevity as it's a much more complex synth than the former Viruses.

However in two weeks we'll know one way or another. (Winter NAMM show 2009, 15-18th January).

Access tend to also release OS updates (mainly bugfixes and small feature updates) for their previous synths long after a new flagship range has been released.

However I doubt they'll discontinue the Snow any time soon (they only released it this time last year, and it seems very popular), and the Snow has the same OS to the TI... So the TI is still in good stead.
Old 30.12.2008, 03:41 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Cheers Timo, I hope you are right. Not that the TI isn't great, but it would be somewhat ironic if all the issues were ironed out just before a replacement!

I agree about the Snow, there's no way they would replace it, especially if it's doing well.

Mike
Old 30.12.2008, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Hi Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totty View Post
Not that the TI isn't great, but it would be somewhat ironic if all the issues were ironed out just before a replacement!
If that was the case they'd owe it to their customers to do so. But with so many different configurations in use out there, it'd be impossible to solve all of them.

Quote:
I agree about the Snow, there's no way they would replace it, especially if it's doing well.
My thought is if/when a TI successor comes out, they'll stop production of the TI desktop, TI-kb and TI polar, but continue with the Snow as a "lite" version. This is merely supposition, however. But the Snow does appear to be quite popular, particularly with its small footprint and atomizer for DJs as well.

Winter Namm may be interesting this year.

Will they, or wont they...

T minus 15 days, and commencing.
Old 31.12.2008, 08:19 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Hi Timo!

Yes, it should be interesting, looking forward to it, just don't release a new TI Access!!

My configuration is running pretty well of late. Latest OS and all on a Mac-Pro. There are some annoying things I have noticed and mentioned before, http://www.Infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=29383 Quantized notes sound un-quantized</a> but I haven't raised it in support yet. The main issue is when you use the TI in VC and use more than one channel or a few voices. On an example - I make a recursive modulation to the filter envelope delay via filter envelope. Play one note, it sounds tight, play four, the decay skips and sounds wrong. It seems to me as if Access are pushing dynamic processor allocation too far.

I used to have a Virus Indigo2 and I cannot remember if this happened here too... Also modulating a formant shift via a monophonic lfo should cycle smoothly. I find if you add another part the modulation starts to skip and step randomly.

It's easy to say don't use these functions, but it's a bloody synthesizer!

Anyhow, rant over. I'm looking forward to something cool next year. Happy New Year in advance everyone

Mike

Last edited by Totty : 31.12.2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07.01.2009, 03:54 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I hope they don't release anything that makes my Polar look dated, since I just got it last month.

Just kidding... who cares? Regardless of what they might come out with, the TI will still rock the house!

- max
Old 07.01.2009, 04:30 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlenine View Post
I hope they don't release anything that makes my Polar look dated, since I just got it last month.

Just kidding... who cares? Regardless of what they might come out with, the TI will still rock the house!

- max
Absolutely. I have one old piece of crap Virus Classic desktop and sounds with incredible quality even better to the young Waldorf Blofeld.
Old 07.01.2009, 07:42 PM

TI MKII will be announced on Sunday 18 January at 10am

Cheers

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 07.01.2009, 08:23 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS View Post
TI MKII will be announced on Sunday 18 January at 10am

Cheers

DS
Ha ha Ho Ho Hi Hi Hu Hu
Old 07.01.2009, 08:52 PM
New here
New here

Default Hmmm

I work in music retail and brought my Polar a Couple of weeks ago after asking the nice people @ Kemper Digital weather a new Virus was goin to be realeased @ Namm..........

They said they had no plans @ the moment to release a new model...

Seems a bit vague to me , I think they are all sworn not to tell.

Fingers crossed!!!!