Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 23.05.2009, 01:37 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default damaged TI whats normal cost to fix??

i just bought a virus TI desktop, and during shipment it looks like it fell or something fell on it. 1 of the knobs is completely bent inward, i hear internal parts cam loose, and worse of all it will not power on. has anyone experienced any problems of this sort, and if so around how much are things like this to fix?
i contacted ups, since it was insured, just trying to get an idea of how much it will cost to either fix or replace.

thanks
Old 23.05.2009, 07:41 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

I am sorry to say that it will be very difficult to give a estimation of the cost you will have.

It all depends on the fact if just the potmeter is broken...or if also the PCB Board where the potmeters are connected upon is damaged.

A potmeter will cost just a couple of bucks....but if the board has to be repaired or swapped expect at least 100 or a couple more.

Here is a picture of the innards of the TI Desktop bottom...as you can see there is a big chance that the PCB board also got damaged :

Old 23.05.2009, 08:07 AM
Am starting to like this forum

where did you buy it? if it´s new you should have warranty, then call your dealer and tell them the problem
Old 23.05.2009, 08:13 AM
New here

will i looked in it, and although i didnt see a smashed PCB or crack one, i did see 1 electronic componet that came loose, it was like a small little dount looking magnet with like copper coiled around it, and then 4 small metal peices that looked like it was its protective covering. thats all that SEEMED loose. though i didnt take the PCBs off or anything and check under it.

anybody have a worst case scenerio estimate to fix??

also anyone know how long it normally takes for them to fix TIs?

thanks a bunch.
Old 23.05.2009, 09:49 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel418 View Post
will i looked in it, and although i didnt see a smashed PCB or crack one, i did see 1 electronic componet that came loose, it was like a small little dount looking magnet with like copper coiled around it, and then 4 small metal peices that looked like it was its protective covering. thats all that SEEMED loose. though i didnt take the PCBs off or anything and check under it.

anybody have a worst case scenerio estimate to fix??

also anyone know how long it normally takes for them to fix TIs?

thanks a bunch.
get in touch with access support. they can help provide you with a list of certified service centers. what you describe sounds like the motherboard and panel board need to be swapped. eventually the housing needs to be swapped as well, depending on how bad the damage is. this nearly equals the costs of a new unit. good luck.

marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 23.05.2009, 06:24 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
i just bought a virus TI desktop, and during shipment it looks like it fell or something fell on it. 1 of the knobs is completely bent inward, i hear internal parts cam loose, and worse of all it will not power on. has anyone experienced any problems of this sort, and if so around how much are things like this to fix?
i contacted ups, since it was insured, just trying to get an idea of how much it will cost to either fix or replace.

thanks
I would send it back to the seller and get your money back. That is going to be an expensive repair, and there could be hair-line fractures that you dont even see that could present later in it's life.
Old 23.05.2009, 08:56 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Judging from Marc's post, it sounds like a write-off. Charge UPS or the sender the full amount if you can.

Who actually sent it? A retailer, or second hand (ebay, etc.)? Also how was it packed?
Old 24.05.2009, 08:02 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Judging from Marc's post, it sounds like a write-off. Charge UPS or the sender the full amount if you can.

Who actually sent it? A retailer, or second hand (ebay, etc.)? Also how was it packed?
Even better....did you make pictures when the box arrived damaged...???
That way you will have prove for your case against UPS or so.
Old 24.05.2009, 10:01 AM
New here

yeah i took over 20 pics, sent to ebay seller, as well as called ups as well as paypal(to hold my payment in case ups says no). the shipping box was extremely beat up, (my poor TI), and i have never seen a knob pot bend to a 45* angle.
anyways the next business day is tuesday, although i can pretty much clearly see this happen in shipping, i am very nervious, only because well, i am afraid the UPS guy will take the Company's side and not pay up. i really hope of course this doesnt happen, i insured it, but you sometimes they probably dont paid up.
and of course its a lot of money, and i was so excited to get the TI

i just sold my virus c, super bass station, and soem frost wave pedals for it. and now i have nothing, so i am a little, i dont know the right wording, but somewhere between scared and frustrated.

anyways thanks alot for all your posts, and help.

and if anyone has had a similar situation with UPS, that can possibly give me some input with there insurance process.

again thanks everyones posts has helped alot!
Old 24.05.2009, 10:07 AM
New here

also yes it is 2nd hand, from ebay, seller has over 500 feedback at 100%, sells alot of equipment.