Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Closed Thread

Old 17.06.2006, 11:00 PM
New here
New here

Count yourself lucky reaching 4 parts in USB mode. Mine goes crackle crazy with 3 parts, using only analogue outs + midi in (USB completely disconnected).

I eagerly await to hear Access response to my last email which included an mp3 highlighting the issues (even in solo mode with first 3 examples).

You can also listen to it here:

http://www.arksunmusic.com/music/virus_issues.mp3

I'm on the TI Keyboard and the part that is most frustrating is, knowing I have fellow trance producer friends with the Desktop version, that have been running almost perfectly! (yes using full on reverbs/delays/eqs/hypersaws) . Standalone and USB, multiple parts simultaneous. And yet mine goes into a spasm at the slightest hint of being pushed (and as you can tell on that mp3, its really not being pushed that hard, note stealing coming in way too easily)

It's almost like my virus is running on half a motorola chip, let alone two of em.

So quite why some machines with the 1.1beta are running fine and some aren't. Who knows.

A whole dodgy run of hardware?, a manufacturing defect on some machines?. The core hardware should be the same between the desktop and keyboard versions after all. Just doesn't make sense!

All speculation at this point of course until we hear an official word on this.

P.S. My TI Keyboard is 4 days old.
Old 17.06.2006, 11:13 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Well, that's not good at all....
Actually, after the 1.1 install, I have gained better result within the plugin than with midi!!

I also get cracles/ pops only having 3 parts running in midi mode...

I have listened to your clip there, and that is all new to me.
I have never experienced things like this in standalone/ jamming mode.
You really got a problem going there as I see it, and this is not acceptable at all for a synthesizer recently purched,'
Can this be a DSP failure...is it that bad, as it smells in that direction..

Have you tried going back to the 1.07 version...?
This one seems the best for alot of users using SX and Logic...

You say some of your fella producers got almost zero problems...
Well, I just don't believe them at this moment as there is definitely a problem with the amounts of parts and hiss within patches for a vast deal of us....and as you and they explains...the problems are exactly the same.
Even a technician friend of mine who runs a shop got the same problems with hiss and multitimbrality issues!
In the start he couldn't hear the hiss which comes with extensive use of EQ/ reverb & delay.
After tweaking some strategic patches with these settings at high/ special levels, he also noticed this hiss.
The hiss problem is just too annoying....and then you got the cracles/ missing notes/ release when using beyond 4 parts within the plugin.
The midi procedure is just hopeless as I see it.

I wouldd't call this bugs at all, but bad chips/ processors.
This won't get straightened out over night, trust me.
I trhink they ought to release a new synthesizer as this project of their is a total fiasko.
Return your synth immediately and get your hard earned money back, then Access can think this through to next time they pull up a stunt like this! This is just redicilous, and that's my final word!
Old 17.06.2006, 11:30 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksun
I eagerly await to hear Access response to my last email which included an mp3 highlighting the issues (even in solo mode with first 3 examples).

You can also listen to it here:

http://www.arksunmusic.com/music/virus_issues.mp3
Thanks for the mp3. This sounds very serious. I wonder how long access can continue this game. I just got an email today from a dj telling me that his virus TI keyb crashes in every 10 minutes. I guess access should have continued selling the C-series too until the TI is working properly. It's very risky to sell only 1 product (TI). I guess the virus powercore and Virus Classic aren't selling much anymore. I had zero issues with my Virus KC and the keyboard was fantastic to play. I guess the TI has the same keyb and that's one reason why I would like to get one at some point.

At first access MUST get the synth working properly in single and multi mode. How can they get the usb working if the basic functions don't work?
Old 17.06.2006, 11:47 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Yes, and what about the Flash To ROM feature...which they told me I would get very soon...?
Have you heard any news upon that..?
Old 18.06.2006, 12:17 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksun
Thanks for sharing Arksun.

I really hope something shows up soon for you guys with trouble. I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall during the recent Access meetings. They must be crapping themselves I'd say.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 18.06.2006, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsubs
if this is true, this is amazing customer service. kudos to access, and this gentleman in particular!
It's true, but it'll be interesting to see how the follow-up is. I've been told the intent is to either 1) get me a completely new Polar, or 2) swap out the mainboard in the one that I have (which would involve sending the instrument to California, I think). There's some outfit in Santa Monica, I believe, that imports all of the Access synths into the US. I've been told that they have no Polars, nor any mainboards, but that there's a shipment coming in by the end of the month.

I will be absolutely thrilled if they can get me a Polar that behaves perfectly in multimode using MIDI cables. That shouldn't be too much to expect.

By the way, this fellow who works for Access in the US told me that he's heard that VC works great with DP 5 and OSX 10.4, although DP it still technically unsupported. I, of course, have DP 4.61 and OSX 10.3.9, having not gotten around to paying for either upgrades. And I am sure not going to invest any more money in this until my US$2500 Polar is working as advertised.

Anyone working with VC, Digital Performer 5, and OSX 10.4?
Old 18.06.2006, 03:30 AM

Guys,

I dont think ive ever seen a new synth hit the market so totally fucked up and flawed. I feel for you....there is nothing that you could have done....you had to buy it......looked a sweet deal didnt it....nice pictures and bright snazzy colors

My message to Access is this: Dump the TI aspect for the time being....and get all standalone issues ironed out first. Only when the Virus is running 95% stable should you then introduce the other 101 confounding variables. Your driving your customer base insane. No one knows whats causing the problems...is it software? is it hardware? is it my soundcard? is it my computer? is it my sequencer? FFS there was a time when you switched a synth on, spent 2 mins making a kick ass fat fucking analog sound and laid some huge tracks. WTF is going wrong with music technology????????? Why the hell are we spending ever increasing amounts of time getting gear to work when that time should be spent on the creative process???

Totally Insane

Cheers

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 18.06.2006, 03:42 AM

Yep seems there are a lot of users with similar issues.

Im looking forward to meeting the Access dist. here next week and hearing what he has to say on the matter...

Even if they offer me a new unit, Im pretty close to the point where I merely ask for my money back and buy a C

Its pretty hard to give up on a synth that sounds this good - warts and all.

cheers

Blay
Old 18.06.2006, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7
I will be absolutely thrilled if they can get me a Polar that behaves perfectly in multimode using MIDI cables
It would be awesome wouldnt it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7
That shouldn't be too much to expect.
Interesting point. What should we expect nowadays? Once upon a time this kinda shit didnt happen/wouldnt be allowed to happen. We've all lowered our standards and ultimately have ourselves to blame

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 18.06.2006, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
We've all lowered our standards and ultimately have ourselves to blame

DS
What a load of crap DS.

I bought this synth expecting it to do exactly what it was promoted as capable of doing.

What am I meant to be blaming myself for?

The only time you will see me lowering my standards is after the 5th or 6th pint at the pub...

cheers

Blay
Closed Thread