Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 09.09.2003, 11:29 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I was never doubting his skill...hes great at programming...and yeah im sure they do have reverb and delay...but it never says that FX were added after the fact...this was the same reason i asked if the nord lead 3 had FX on board...because i heard his demo and thought it did, it just would be a bit of a dissappointment to get the sounds and find out that they dont sound the same because u need to add a certain amount of reverb or delay...FX r just as important as the synth sound itself...read any book on synth programming FX play a key roll in it...so what happens if some1 doesnt have the reverb and cant recreate the same reverb with what they have? it would be quite a dissappointment...

peace
Blank
Old 09.09.2003, 03:08 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Hi Guys

Yes I have used Reverb and Delay... nothing more. And I have used the cheap ones, which come with Cubase and most users own theirselves. I spend just some seconds in setting up the delay and the reverb...

If someone is not able, to do some cheap reverbs and delays for himself, I guess making music is not the right thing for him

Furthermore, what would you guys say, if I would use complete mixed tracks as soundset demos? Completely EQed, compressed, mixed, layered, with drums and so on.... ?

regards!
Manuel
visit my (german) Sound-Forum:
http://7629.forendienst.de/index.php
Old 09.09.2003, 06:50 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Machinegunjoe

I think its ok to add some delay and reverb to the demos it's not like its hard to do it yourself.
Old 09.09.2003, 07:51 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

q demo manuel!! been waiting for ages,when will it be up? .
i think thats a good idea to do a demo track it will surely help sell more sets then the demos you do now but there will be also a big dissepointing for the not so expirienced and pro producers who buy the set
Old 09.09.2003, 08:18 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
think thats a good idea to do a demo track it will surely help sell more sets then the demos you do now but there will be also a big dissepointing for the not so expirienced and pro producers who buy the set
Lol at the pro producers being dissapointed cuz the cant add reverb themselves
Old 09.09.2003, 09:53 PM
Veteran
Veteran

you guys can snicker all u want about what i said but i have one key freakin point here...i have been playin with synths for about 6months now b4 that i never tried to make my own sounds...yet i have some of u who have been using synths for quite awhile asking me to recreate sounds for u...so dont tell me that it will be that easy to recreate reverbs...rmany things r possible...the question im wondering is why even add them if they r extra...the only thing i can think of is that maybe the demo sounds like total shit unless u over coat it with reverb...that really seems like the only reason i can think of for wanting to do it...Im also sorry to dissappoint u but most ppl dont own cubase...and there is no way to prove they do, so to assume it would be utterly wrong...
it just seems a bit like false advertising...like looking at a burger on a menu that looks all juicy and huge but when u get it its flat and dry...

Just my 2 cents...if u dont agree u dont agree...
peace
Blank
Old 09.09.2003, 10:41 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

I totally understand what your saying blank, but if the synth don't have FX do you think that you should leave the sound dry? Maybe the best solution is to have a demo with & without fx?

I don't create many sounds on my synths(well not on the virus anyway) i focus on making music instead...although i do have days when i nothing else than program new sounds (did 5 new sounds yesterday )

I thought it was funny that he said pro producers, cuz if your a pro you prob. make money and work with your gear on a daily basis so if you cant add some reverb then, you should prob sell your gear.
Old 09.09.2003, 11:15 PM
Veteran
Veteran

The definition of professional...is some1 who makes money at what they do...therefore it doesnt mean u have to make alot at it...there r many ppl who make money on mp3.com but they might not see a profit, having to pay monthly for the service...this means they r professional producers/musicians in debt...and many of these ppl r quite amateur in their knowledge of music...u dont have to make mass cash to be pro, u just have to earn money at what u do...has nothing to do with the gross of what u make...just getting money for your music...so some of the "amatuer" producers u see might not be able to afford such a program as cubase...but this is getting a bit off subject...I think there should be 2 demos atleast like machinegunjoe says...the question is where do u draw the line between adding no FX when none is accessible or mastering the whole track...i mean shit if u r going to add reverb and delay...why not use compression and enhancers and the whole deal... u r still altering the original and u r still using what is not accessible on the synth...

peace
Blank
Old 10.09.2003, 04:58 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

i said pro because i dont classify myself as a pro
and blank you are right about crossing the line but if ppl dont realy care who am i to say no to them?
Old 10.09.2003, 08:36 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Its a only a freakin soundset. Why is there so much arguing.

hmm. There is reverb and delay on the demo and the Nords dont have any effects. Manuel has just said he`s used Cubase`s own effects. What else do you need? Cubase`s default effects are as basic as any other sequencers own effects. So it cant be hard to recreate.

Company`s do this all the time to make their products more appealing. Just read the small print.

I dont see whats wrong with adding delay or reverb to the sound. Its two of the most basic effects that people will use. Its not like he`s running it through unique external gear that totally modifies the sound from the original.

Then that`d be wrongful marketing.

(deep breath............................................................... relax)