Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 15.07.2010, 11:31 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Wink Latency problems? make a sticky of this thread!

Please make a Sticky for the latency problems!

Can all of you who has latency problems put up videos on youtube so all can se what problem you have and a proof for access-music.

I was going to buy a new TI2 Desktop but after I read all the sync problems I have to cancel it.

Access-music must take this serious and rebuild the TI with USB2 or Firewire!

In my mind it is the USB1.1 that is to slow for handling all the data on one single cable.

I first thought that the two DSP:s was the problem but it cant be because the problem still exist in TI2 and it has 25% more power.

So now I think the problems is the USB that is to weak?

I want a Virus TI2 BAD! but I don`t want problems all the time, because I want to make music without destroying the workflow with sync problems.

As it is right now I will say the TI and TI2 is not usable as a multitimbral synth for recording!

I have had a TI Keyboard a few years back but I sold it really fast because it did not work good at all with my system=sync problems, problem with the VC program and more.

Access-music says that USB 2 would increase the cost very much, but it is not true! I have compared the prices USB1.1 and USB2 chips and it is not a big difference in price.

I think all the users should go together and demand that Access-music once for all take this serious and replace USB1.1 to USB2 or Firewire with no cost.

Or at least confess that it is a big problem and solve it some how.

If this was a car say Toyota or Volvo they had taken all units back and replace the bad components right away! so why not Access-music?

I have read all the posts of sync problems in this forum and Access-music forum and all they have to say is "you have to check your system and sequencer is correct comfigurated", thats all!?

Access-music has not solved the problems from the start and now it has gone FIVE YEARS! outrageous!

In my mind Access-music is ignoring the problem and I am sure they know about it and what is the problem, but they dont admit it because it would be a massive cost for them to solve it.

Please! wright your sync problems here and if all do it we could send the threads to Access-music and demand a solution and end the frustration!

I am little surprised that this has not been done before or sooner?

Thanks!

Last edited by oblivion : 17.07.2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 15.07.2010, 11:08 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Wink

Nobody has the sync problem?

Have you tried to change the sample rate to 44.1 on the Virus and host, computer, soundcard? does it any change or not?

It should make a big difference on the strain the Virus is handling.
Old 24.07.2010, 04:21 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

only sync problem i get is on first load of my project. all i have to do is stop and start the project a few times and it snaps in.
Old 24.07.2010, 05:18 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
Access-music says that USB 2 would increase the cost very much, but it is not true! I have compared the prices USB1.1 and USB2 chips and it is not a big difference in price.

I think all the users should go together and demand that Access-music once for all take this serious and replace USB1.1 to USB2 or Firewire with no cost.
In my case, I am simply going to see what happens with the next generation of Virus synths. In my mind they are going to have to solve it sooner or later, because soft synths now provide a viable alternative. The difference in sound is often undetectable in a mix, and if a hardware synth like the TI2 is too much of a pain to produce with, people will stick with software for the sake of workflow productivity (that's the boat I'm in anyway).

Supposedly the hardware on the TI2 does support USB2, but the driver is only pushing at 1.1 speeds. I'm not sure how this would benefit them, maybe in the sense that if they really opened up the pipeline and gave more than 3 USB outs, they might have the perception that they would cannibalize their own business since nobody would need more than a single Virus, and this gives them a way to potentially sell 2 or 3 units to a musician?

Either way I don't think the cost of the chips themselves are what they mean by additional cost of USB 2.0... there is a lot more with regard to QA that goes into any product where performance is increased (generally speaking)... personally in this case, like you I do not completely buy it as an excuse and suspect something else.

Anyway, there is always powercore to consider, which I assume this is not as much of an issue with. But the moment I got a Core i7 for a CPU, and around the same time FLStudio was modified to make better use of multithreading, the CPU limit was greatly raised for me, so I have no real problems with polyphony, etc. And there are some softsynths that I think sound comparable to a Virus these days.

How will Access compete if they don't fix the issues? I don't know the answer, maybe they simply won't be around in 5-10 years.
Old 06.08.2010, 07:04 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

the most awesome thing they could do is a dedicated vst-plugin-version of the virus with the hardware than just acting as a dongle.

but we all know that
1. this will never happen
2. when it happens the vst is a big mess
Old 07.08.2010, 03:17 AM

Doesn't matter, someone else will come along and eat their lunch. Many are already coming close
Old 09.08.2010, 01:01 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default In Theory

in theory.......

USB 1.1 = 12Mbps

CD quality sound uses 10MB per 1 minute = 1.33Mbps

12 / 1.33 = 9

so if you use the Virus as your sound card, the audio streams from the Virus to the laptop (DAW) over USB and back to the Virus (and out the analogue outs). So am i right in saying it should be good for at least four tracks of audio ?