Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 14.03.2006, 04:35 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default For POCO Owners---Virus Control Improvements

Will the VC (in a near future) have the punchy and clean sound from the V- POCO??
What do you think about that ??Is the software taking the best advantage from the 2.0 USB connection ??

I have hope to have a full functional VST with 16 output singin with 80 voice choir heheheh

But first fix the GOD DAMN THING ACCESS!!!
Old 14.03.2006, 06:22 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

first, it's not USB 2.0 -> no 16 audio channels!

second, the poco virus doesn't sound different if you don't play it at 96 KHz. so, it's not punchier or really different. i don't know how do you come to this conclusion.

so long
cYrus
Old 14.03.2006, 06:47 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

the POCO virus will sound as good as your soundcard's digital to audio convertors are. (DACs)

you will not get 16 audio channels but 6 or 8 cant recall exacly- same amount as in the virus indigo.
Old 14.03.2006, 06:54 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

about the future I/O in VC you must have spotted my sarcasm.... no ???

But honestly, i have installed V-POCO demo in my computer and it feels different somehow maybe more controlled/contained than VControl...

well maybe its just my ears and my partner ears 8O

this post was exactly for knowing if somebody had the same feeling !!
Old 14.03.2006, 08:26 PM
Pro
Pro

All I know that the Virus powercore sounds great, 100% Virus sound. I don't understand why people buy TI for it's sound altough the synth cannot be used normally? The reported bootup problems and crashes really keep me away from buying one. The software updates may fix some of the major problems for some people at some point but anybody who has worked with dsp cards (powercore firewire for example) know that it's impossible to make the synth work in usb mode with every possible computer. In theory, the total integration is a very good idea but it's nearly impossible to make it work with every computer setup.

I guess Access would be selling as many new Viruses altough they had left the TI features away and the synth might even work as well as Virus B and C do. When I still had a Virus KC, I never had a thought that it would suddenly crash or not power up properly. I hope Access will get things fixed soon, at least that the synth could be used bug free without the usb.