Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 10.12.2002, 09:19 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default [unsolved] Soundiver Virus EOM (Again!)

Guys,

I have problems uploading my sounds from the Virus into Soundiver, downloading them works fine.

When I do a total request it starts to upload until about a quater of the way (the little blocks that count down in the bottom left hand corner), then it gives an error message to Retry or Abort ...

I've tried everything - the Midi Connections are fine, did a loopback test - worked fine. The settings in the Virus are all correctly set according to the Manual (all to Sysex)

I have managed to upload single sounds in or just small "rows" of patches, but when I try to do whole banks or the entire memory there seems to be a transfer failure ??

I use a MT4 midi interface (Logic), I have been told that if "Autoplug" (the connection between Logic and Soundiver is switched on, that it slows down the midi - sysex capabilities. I've even switched that of in Logic.

I've also switched the MT4's driver to the Logic driver (Systems/Device Manager/USB Controller) that the Logic Manual suggests can speed up USB Midi Interfaces.

Anyone know any other possible solutions ?

(Other that Virus Soundiver is Crap by the looks of things)

Help much appreciated !!!!

Thanks
Old 02.01.2003, 04:03 PM
New here
New here

i have the same issue, im running SX on XP using an audigy platinum ex sound card and its a total pain in the arse. soundiver is crap ! !

I searched through the net and came across a mail suggesting that winxp and sysex are a bad combination and im in the middle of installing 98 second edition as a test.

I will keep you posted..
Old 05.01.2003, 03:23 PM

Default Sounddiver MIDI

Hi Guys,

let me give you some hints:

to run sounddiver under windows xp (or Win2k) be sure you've set two parameters under "Setting->Communication":

2 Buffers per Port
1 kb per Buffer

This should solve the most problems. The latest versions of Sounddiver (and of course Sounddiver OEM) do this by default.

An update is available at: http://www.access-music.de

another tweak is:
on the left side you find the device parameters. Try to increase: "Timeout" above 800, "Send Pause" to 450, Play Delay 100.

Be aware that the most of these problems are driver issues, not windows xp.

Also: Midi and XP is a very good combination. The people posting the opposite have (mostly) no idea what they are talking about.

tk
Old 21.02.2004, 07:51 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Send a message via ICQ to Wintermute Send a message via AIM to Wintermute
Default only fix ive found

I seem to have encountered the same problem... The only solution I found was to quit the driver immediately and go right back in and re-request the data. That seems to be the only way to get around this rx error at least in my case. -Matt