Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 11.05.2010, 07:09 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Is the Ti2 Compatible

Hi All,

Is the Ti2 sounds compatible with a Virus a/b/c and powercore.

I just recently bought a sound bank and it does say compatible with all these hardwares. But i cannot get this to work. He made the sounds on the Ti2.

I asked the person who made the sound bank and he says its a Access thing.

I've had Ti1 sounds working on the powercore.

Is there a conflict problem.

Any help guys and girls.

Waza
Old 11.05.2010, 02:16 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

TI is compatible with everything.

When making patches on the TI for older Viruses, unless only Virus C features are rigidly used to the exclusion of all other TI features, Virus C and lower is not really compatible with TI due to the vast difference between the two versions. Even if some common settings/parameters may be correctly imported/translated, Virus TI simply has too many other features that the Virus C doesn't have and thus cannot translate.

I've tried importing TI patches into my Virus Indigo (Virus B engine) but naturally I've mostly found they don't translate well enough to be of use.

So to answer your question, the TI programmer would need to have stuck to the parameters only available for Virus B/C for them to be compatible. If they start using hypersaw, wavetables, customised arp's, additional matrix slots, etc., it's a no go.

Even Virus C patches aren't entirely compatible with Virus B due to the B having fewer matrix slots, nor Moog emulated filters or 3-band EQ, although you may still get a useable sound out of it.

So really, Virus patches created on earlier Viruses are compatible with newer Viruses, but not really vice versa, particularly with regards to the canyon-like downgrade from Virus TI > C and lower.
Old 12.05.2010, 03:46 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Ti1 and Ti2 are virtually identical, except for the processor in the latter being slightly speedier. From a programming point of view, the Snow is also identical.
The older synths are a different matter. Yes, you can make a patch on the Ti which is 100% compatible with the A/B/C, but you have to know which parameters aren't available on the older hardware. As for the Powercore, I admit I'm not familiar with it at all, but I believe it's based on the B engine.
Old 12.05.2010, 10:30 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Thanks guys for all your help.......