Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 25.01.2006, 09:31 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

I'm mainly working out of a small home studio.

Theres a friend who runs a commercial studio and I know he has a couople of MPX-1 in there, I should ask him what they are like

What appeals to be about the MPX1 is all the routing options, for eg inserts into the feedback path of the delay is *very* useful.

Im my world all delays should have feedback inserts along with both pre and post eq/damping - it would be written into law

Kind of thing I like doing is high EQ + distortion + phaser in a delay feedback path as a for eg...

I couldnt tell if the 550 provided that kind of flexibility.
Old 26.01.2006, 12:13 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

I am using a Lexicon MX200 dual effects rack , its probably the best bang for your buck and the effects are top notch .

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MX200/

i was all over it like a fat kid on a donut :P
Old 26.01.2006, 10:02 AM

Ok......so for reverb and delay = plugin ......... Chorus and flanger = Virus....... What about cool distortion's?????? Also when I saw Front 242 a few months ago , there was a delay that they were using on the vocals , one in which they were controlling live ie; If I sang "This is the Virus Forum" the delay would keep repeating my last word "Forum,Forum,Forum,Forum" until I canceled it. Or if I wanted it to , I would sing "This is the Virus Forum" and the delay would only catch the middle ie; "the Virus, the Virus, the Virus, the virus" until I canceled it..........what is a good delay for this.........I mean unless they were sampling live........I don't know...........let me know if you guy's have any idea's......later