Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.09.2009, 02:02 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Is the Ti1 Snow What I'm After?

Hello, all. I just introduced myself in another forum. I'm leaning toward getting the Snow. The upper range of my affordability is $1500. I make mostly electronic and hip hop music. I'm looking for a synth that sounds like a synth, not like flutes, pianos, or guitars. I've already got a Triton rack for that. I also like dark sounds. I'm a presets guy as I know nothing about synthesis. Everything I've learned points to some Virus synth. I don't need the interface and frankly am not overly concerned about the VST applications (though it would be a nice bonus for down the road). I want lots of metallic and synthetic sounding presets and options for creating my own patches (once I learn a little bit about synthesis). I would prefer a keyboard, but don't really have the money; besides I have controllers. Though the C model has greater multitimbrality (16 voices), I don't anticipate needing more than the 4 the Snow offers.

I'm thinking that if I've misunderstood any aspects of the Snow or if there is a better option out there, then this is the place to find that out. Also, how many presets does the TI2 Polar have? I cannot find that information anywhere. is it really the same sound engine as the TI1? The Snow has over 1,000 presets. Okay, thanks!
Old 27.09.2009, 04:18 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

You can happily go buy the Snow. You won't regret it. Preset count is over 6000. You can load all TI patches. You'll get all the dark sounds you need and it's a great synth to learn on, though not the traditional style of learning by tweaking knobs. The TI/Snow also has an added advantage of Granular/Formant/Wavetable synthesis.
________
cheap vaporizer

Last edited by Splat! : 29.01.2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 28.09.2009, 06:47 PM
Am starting to like this forum

go for the snow, man
and don't think about the preset number, trying out all the presets will drain the best years of your life you'd better learn the basics of sound designing so that once you get a preset "nearly" like what you were searching, you can get there in no time.

happy infektion.
My personal music (classical, soundtrack, anything else): http://www.myspace.com/stefanobottarellimusic

"Everything starts with E"
Old 01.10.2009, 03:11 PM
Infektion taking hold...

If you have to spend 1500 I would say... go with the TI desktop! It has more controlors and has 16 parts and not just 4!!!

I don't know where exactly you are from... But here in belgium I bought a VIRUS TI2 new just afther NAMM 09 january... And was very pleased to get that latest desktop model for 1499euro, I shit you not! The snow is about 550 less... it cost 1/3 less but has 4 control knobs vs 32knobs and much more buttons... one DSP vs TWO (wich dsp's from the new mkII are from a newer model too...) 4parts vs 16...

Less outputs...

It has less then half the power of the desktop and of course, in my oppinion, costs way to much...

just givin you an idea...