Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.02.2009, 11:04 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Virus Control and Renoise

Hi all,

I'm using a sequencer/tracker called Renoise and VC doesn't really work that well.
I do understand if Access can't fix support for every application out there but as far as I understand it, the developer of Renoise can do it but he doesn't have access to a Virus TI synth.

The developer has also asked Access if he can loan a unit (he is based in Berlin) but no response from Access.
Myself is holding off on an upgrade to the TI-line because it's not working correctly.

Reason for me posting here is because it's more likely someone from Access or someone in/around Berlin might be able to help out compared to the Renoise forums.
Old 11.02.2009, 02:58 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Interesting to hear that there's a demand for this, I know you get people controlling outboard gear with trackers, but I suppose I'll always associate trackers with short digital-sounding samples.

Still, Renoise seems to be the best/most popular of the trackers, so if Access were to support one, it'd make sense for it to be Renoise.
Old 11.02.2009, 07:46 PM
New here

I'm interested in this too - having VC inserted in Renoise would save the hastle of having to bounce sequences out of Renoise and into Logic or vice versa.
Old 11.02.2009, 10:13 PM
Complete Newbie

Ceri JC,

Personaly I started with trackers back in -91 and have never realy felt comfortable with piano-roll sequencers.
Renoise is not freeware even though it's very affordable ($50) and it's isn't as likely to become "abandonware" as other trackers.
VC in Renoise would be 50% of the reason to get a TI for me.

In the Renoise forums it's actually one of the longest "bug"-reports
Old 12.02.2009, 08:30 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
Ceri JC,

Personaly I started with trackers back in -91 and have never realy felt comfortable with piano-roll sequencers.
Renoise is not freeware even though it's very affordable ($50) and it's isn't as likely to become "abandonware" as other trackers.
VC in Renoise would be 50% of the reason to get a TI for me.

In the Renoise forums it's actually one of the longest "bug"-reports
First I've got to apologise, re-reading my post today it comes across as a bit of a crack at trackers, which I wasn't intending. Two of my friends are in the same boat as you- ie have always used trackers so most natural way of sequencing to them, even though they now use lots of other gear too. Interesting to hear how many people at Renoise want TI support for it too.

I had a bit of a play with Renoise a couple of times over the years and was pretty impressed with it and can totally see how if you've used trackers for a long time, it's a logical progression. I've always liked the way the 16 characters of hex tie in with the 16 steps so prevalent in electronic music; almost seems like it was designed for music notation.
Old 12.02.2009, 09:00 AM
Complete Newbie

Ohh, my post was not meant as a defence-post, so I guess we both started on the wrong foot

It's just that as you say it's what me and others are used to.
There are some who want a piano-roll to be implemented into Renoise, which is fine as long as I don't have to use it
Really tried when I got the Virus back in 2002-2003 since the "midi"-capable trackers were not so good.
But it just killed my inspiration.
Old 01.04.2009, 02:41 PM
Complete Newbie

FYI,

Just saw that the dev. of Renoise and Access, have identified the the problems.
Seems to need updates both in Renoise and on the Virus side.
Renoise will work much better in the next update with the virus, to get it perfect there need to be some updates on the Virus side as well.
Old 01.04.2009, 06:53 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
FYI,

Just saw that the dev. of Renoise and Access, have identified the the problems.
Seems to need updates both in Renoise and on the Virus side.
Renoise will work much better in the next update with the virus, to get it perfect there need to be some updates on the Virus side as well.
there will be no changes in VC in regards of renoise. who told you so? renoise is an unsupported hosts and this will not change any time soon. we are in contact with the developer of renoise though, if we can help them, of course we will.

best, marc
Old 02.04.2009, 05:15 PM
Complete Newbie

It was posted by the dev.
Just forgot though that it was 1st of April yesterday.
Crap

Unless it's April fools twice, one from taktik and one from marc.