Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.03.2009, 03:59 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Anyone having issues with Virus TI2 and the new Mac Pros?

Just got me a fancy $4,000 Mac Pro today loaded up with 8-Cores and 8 gigs ram... bought this because I needed an update for the studio and I was getting some weird errors on the Virus with my PC setup.

Anyways, i'm having MANY more issues with the Virus on the new Mac Pro setup than even on the buggy PC setup I had.

That annoying high frequency buzzing sound, usb communication errors (the red bar at the bottom), etc...

I'm running the Virus TI2, Ableton Live 7, MAudio ProjectMix... all the latest drivers for everything.

Anyone else running a slightly similar setup and have advice?

Or better yet.. anyone running one of the new Mac Pros error free? I

've got 2 days to decide if I want to keep this thing or not.

Trey

P.S. - I think the new Mac's are 64Bit... could that be the issue? I thought the last 8core's were 64bit as well though.
Old 27.03.2009, 04:36 AM
Am starting to like this forum

If you just got your Mac Pro today, then I'm guessing it's the generation after mine. I got my Mac Pro few months back - works fine with TI2.
Old 27.03.2009, 02:22 PM

Did you upgrade the TI2 to OS 3? Of course, you'll not have received a CD with the TI2, and the VC software for OS 2.7.6 isn't available on the site. So, what did you do?

(^_^)
Old 27.03.2009, 07:42 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestry View Post
Did you upgrade the TI2 to OS 3? Of course, you'll not have received a CD with the TI2, and the VC software for OS 2.7.6 isn't available on the site. So, what did you do?

(^_^)

I downloaded the latest 3.X OS from their site. The TI2 can't run on 2.X...
Old 27.03.2009, 07:55 PM

... Well, the TI2 does run 2.x because it comes loaded with 2.7.6. Anyway, the point is that you're now running OS 3.x. Sorry to ask an obvious question, but you did connect TI during installation, and not afterwards?

As for MAC OS X, it's fully backwards compatible with 32bit apps, so the 64bit aspect is not relevant.

Looks like you've got to uninstall VC software, and reinstall. Other than that, you may have to contact Virus support for them to send you 2.7.6... to start from scratch! What a pain, eh? (>_<) Grrrr
Old 27.03.2009, 11:57 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
... Well, the TI2 does run 2.x because it comes loaded with 2.7.6. Anyway, the point is that you're now running OS 3.x. Sorry to ask an obvious question, but you did connect TI during installation, and not afterwards?

As for MAC OS X, it's fully backwards compatible with 32bit apps, so the 64bit aspect is not relevant.

Looks like you've got to uninstall VC software, and reinstall. Other than that, you may have to contact Virus support for them to send you 2.7.6... to start from scratch! What a pain, eh? (>_<) Grrrr
Thanks! I didn't know that... Actually I didn't know there was a 2.7.6. I thought you were talking about the 2.7.5 on their site.

I did try to back down to the 3.0.0 software with no luck. Get that annoying high frequency sound and the synth goes wonky like Nick Nolte on a coke binge.

Oh, and I did have it plugged in when installilng the drivers. I think it it's an issue with either the new memory or the new chipset. I saw some people with protools issues because of this as well.

I'm emailing back and forth with support, so I'll see if they can hook me up with 2.7.6.

Appreciate your help!

Trey
Old 28.03.2009, 08:03 PM
Complete Newbie

Quick update here...

They don't have an installer version for 2.7.6 That's just for factory use, which kinda sucks like paris hilton in a bathroom stall.

BUT... they did tell me that the Virus TI can't handle a buffer size under 128. I think I had mine in the 105 range. So hopefully that will fix the issue (though honestly I kinda doubt it).

Won't be back in the studio until Monday so I'll have to wait until then to find out.
Old 28.03.2009, 10:32 PM

Hmm, that's a bit of a surprise to me, about the provision of 2.7.6, because i was given the impression that if i moved to OS3, from 2.7.6, i was in safe hands to revert, not just to trouble shoot. I must go back to my ticket logged with Access and query this matter... (>_<) (not that I'm having issues, i just now feel like i was misled)

Thanks for the Buffer advice! (^_^)
Old 28.03.2009, 11:38 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Hmm, that's a bit of a surprise to me, about the provision of 2.7.6, because i was given the impression that if i moved to OS3, from 2.7.6, i was in safe hands to revert, not just to trouble shoot. I must go back to my ticket logged with Access and query this matter... (>_<) (not that I'm having issues, i just now feel like i was misled)

Thanks for the Buffer advice! (^_^)

Cool, and if you secure a copy of 2.7.6 then PM me... would love to have a copy on hand
Old 30.03.2009, 05:08 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by treysmith View Post
Cool, and if you secure a copy of 2.7.6 then PM me... would love to have a copy on hand
What is your Process Buffer Range set at in Logic?

Did you read the Logic tutorial?