Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 08.06.2006, 08:26 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Routing Midi tracks in Cubase SX

Hi,

Just got SX yesterday and was wondering if someone can help before I go completely mad and get certified in a mental institution.

Does anyone know how to route MIDI tracks to an audio track so I can use all my Waves plugins in realtime with my synths and other MIDI gear?
Basically I just need to know the easiest way to apply DX plugins to MIDI.

Also, if anyone can tell me where you change the channel number on the tracks that'd be a great help too. It's a bit different to Cubase SL which is what I'm used to.

Cheers,

D
Old 09.06.2006, 03:40 AM
This forum member lives here

Maybe check out Cubase Forums .Im an SX user, but cant really help you out with that one...

As far as changing channel numbers, I think when you move the channels, their number changes automatically....

With the MIDI stuff, if you open an audio track, whose input corresponds to the channel on your soundcard that your synth is plugged into, then hit the monitor, and maybe put on "Record ready" or something, or maybe the monitor button.

Let us know how you get on....

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 09.06.2006, 05:53 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Under 'Devices' > 'VST Connections'
Click 'External Instruments' tab
Click 'Add External Instrument'
Type a name, tell VST how many audio channels you will be expecting from the device, associate a midi device (the midi port you will be sending midi to the device). And you should be on the steepest part of the learning curve now.

See how you go from there, basically you then see it in your VSTi section (F11), you load it and audio channels turn up in your mixer (F3), also a VSTi turns up as a midi destination. You can open the vsti and set the delay for it ( one downside is that it uses a midi note on delay compensation not an audio compensation and midi clock is not delayed ).

Weeee!
Old 09.06.2006, 07:31 AM

Sheesh....I really need to explore SX a bit more. So much I dont know

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 09.06.2006, 08:16 AM
Pro
Pro

Cheers guys that's wicked help. Quite bizarre you add external hardware as VSTi I'll give it a go and see what happens. I'm fne with every other aspect of Cubase apart from Buses and routings, I just don't have the mental capacity to understand them i think.
Old 09.06.2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smag
Cheers guys that's wicked help. Quite bizarre you add external hardware as VSTi I'll give it a go and see what happens. I'm fne with every other aspect of Cubase apart from Buses and routings, I just don't have the mental capacity to understand them i think.
The busses and routings are the easy part...let us know what you dont quite get, or PM/email me if you need any info....

Be happy to help out!

Old 09.06.2006, 03:45 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Just dont expect any joy with VC and this eternal instrument business, because VC is already an vsti. I just invent an External Instrument with no midi assosiation. just to get the analog outs into the vst mixer. Delay adjustments I do per track. This kills apegiators because midi clock cannot be set up with delay.

Long story short with VC and analog outs on the TI they are acting like no other synth, they are being brought infront of time, as if they were destined for the USB channels. BUT then if you want to to the External intrument trick then you are adding VST delay and depending on your sound card buffer you get your TI analog outs behind time again.

I went through a lot of this crap with the virus b, just this time you get the added bonus of almost being on time.